Root Beer Babybacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Howdy again folks. Cold day, snow on the ground. Had a couple racks of Babybacks in the freezer from before the time they started adding so much loin meat.

Pulled off the membrane and rubbed up with this stuff my buddy chopsaw chopsaw sent me. Absolutely delicious! Thanks again rich
IMG_20220103_182521.jpg

Onto the pellet smoker using pecan at 225
IMG_20220103_123028.jpg

Let these smoke 3hr mopping with root beer every 45min. After 3hr before wrap
IMG_20220103_150902.jpg

I used foil this time. I normally use paper. Spread out my foil. 3 pats butter for each and some rub
IMG_20220103_151415.jpg

Layed ribs meat down and added 3 more pats butter and some rub on bone side. Healthy dose of root beer. Then wrapped and back on smoker
IMG_20220103_152613.jpg

Went 1.5 hour wrapped. Should have went one but who cares lol. Unwrapped and put ribs on for 30 to firm everything up
IMG_20220103_170157.jpg

All sliced up. Definitely fall off the bone which isn't my preference but the family raved over it and so did I so that's a win
IMG_20220103_175634.jpg

Had some fries with them to make things easy
IMG_20220103_175747.jpg

Some delicious ass ribs and no leftovers!

Those Ribs look great Jake! The Mrs. likes fall off the bone too, so that's how we have them. Great color and I'm sure delicious. I've never tried with Root Beer before. Sounds like a great method.
Great job. Happy New Year.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks good, but what's up with the greeting? "Howdy again folks"? What happened to your patented "Howdy fellas and non-fellas"? Not sure why but I always get a kick of out that start to a post!

Great finding BB's without the extra loin meat, those seem hard to find these days.

Reactions: JLeonard and TNJAKE
Jake , they sure look good . Rootbeer wrap sounds great . Glad you liked the rub .

Those Ribs look great Jake! The Mrs. likes fall off the bone too, so that's how we have them. Great color and I'm sure delicious. I've never tried with Root Beer before. Sounds like a great method.
Great job. Happy New Year.
Thanks Mike. Give it a try. Cherry cola is good as well or Dr pepper

Howdy again folks. Cold day, snow on the ground. Had a couple racks of Babybacks in the freezer from before the time they started adding so much loin meat.

Pulled off the membrane and rubbed up with this stuff my buddy chopsaw chopsaw sent me. Absolutely delicious! Thanks again rich View attachment 520948
Onto the pellet smoker using pecan at 225View attachment 520953
Let these smoke 3hr mopping with root beer every 45min. After 3hr before wrapView attachment 520952
I used foil this time. I normally use paper. Spread out my foil. 3 pats butter for each and some rubView attachment 520955
Layed ribs meat down and added 3 more pats butter and some rub on bone side. Healthy dose of root beer. Then wrapped and back on smokerView attachment 520954
Went 1.5 hour wrapped. Should have went one but who cares lol. Unwrapped and put ribs on for 30 to firm everything upView attachment 520951
All sliced up. Definitely fall off the bone which isn't my preference but the family raved over it and so did I so that's a winView attachment 520949
Had some fries with them to make things easyView attachment 520950
Some delicious ass ribs and no leftovers!
That looks so damn delicious! Is your root beer mopping just straight rootbeer or is it mixed with something? Never tried that

That looks terrific, my wife would love them too, and with root beer. Will have to put that on the stack of things to do.

And, anyone else sit here for a minute or two to figure out what the sign behind the ribs said?
'_HIVYI I INLUII' Can't see the tops so I and T can be the same, many can be the same :(

Looks good, but what's up with the greeting? "Howdy again folks"? What happened to your patented "Howdy fellas and non-fellas"? Not sure why but I always get a kick of out that start to a post!

Great finding BB's without the extra loin meat, those seem hard to find these days.
Lol thanks bud. Not really sure why I changed up the intro lol. Won't happen again. Agree about ribs with little loin meat. Had some crazy thick ones a few months back that were terrible

That looks so damn delicious! Is your root beer mopping just straight rootbeer or is it mixed with something? Never tried that
Appreciate it bud. Yes just straight root beer. The wrap step is root beer, butter and rub. I have used many colas and even sweet tea. All delicious

That looks terrific, my wife would love them too, and with root beer. Will have to put that on the stack of things to do.

And, anyone else sit here for a minute or two to figure out what the sign behind the ribs said?
'_HIVYI I INLUII' Can't see the tops so I and T can be the same, many can be the same :(
Appreciate it bud. Give it a try
IMG_20220103_195853.jpg

Reactions: Nefarious
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky