Root Beer Babybacks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
TNJAKE TNJAKE , I did your Root beer ribs yesterday. Very tasty. . .
Pulled membrane off, little kosher salt and fridged overnight.
Jeff's rub
20220123_112332_001.jpg

Was a bit cold out -2°, so dialed the 590 in at 240°
20220123_144007.jpg

Pretty much mirrored Jakes smoke ( why mess with perfection) other than temp and I used LJ Competition pellets.
20220123_175315.jpg

Had a little bite through which is my preferred.
Thanks Jake, will certainly do again !

TNJAKE TNJAKE , I did your Root beer ribs yesterday. Very tasty. . .
Pulled membrane off, little kosher salt and fridged overnight.
Jeff's rub View attachment 523345
Was a bit cold out -2°, so dialed the 590 in at 240°
View attachment 523348
Pretty much mirrored Jakes smoke ( why mess with perfection) other than temp and I used LJ Competition pellets.
View attachment 523350
Had a little bite through which is my preferred.
Thanks Jake, will certainly do again !
Heck yeah bud looks like you nailed it! Glad to hear you liked that method......pass the blue moon!

Howdy again folks. Cold day, snow on the ground. Had a couple racks of Babybacks in the freezer from before the time they started adding so much loin meat.

Pulled off the membrane and rubbed up with this stuff my buddy chopsaw chopsaw sent me. Absolutely delicious! Thanks again rich View attachment 520948
Onto the pellet smoker using pecan at 225View attachment 520953
Let these smoke 3hr mopping with root beer every 45min. After 3hr before wrapView attachment 520952
I used foil this time. I normally use paper. Spread out my foil. 3 pats butter for each and some rubView attachment 520955
Layed ribs meat down and added 3 more pats butter and some rub on bone side. Healthy dose of root beer. Then wrapped and back on smokerView attachment 520954
Went 1.5 hour wrapped. Should have went one but who cares lol. Unwrapped and put ribs on for 30 to firm everything upView attachment 520951
All sliced up. Definitely fall off the bone which isn't my preference but the family raved over it and so did I so that's a winView attachment 520949
Had some fries with them to make things easyView attachment 520950
Some delicious ass ribs and no leftovers!
Hey, those look amazing. Definitely will try that rub and the root beer mop on my next rib cook. My boss also like her ribs fall of the bones. So I make her happy when I do ribs of course.

Damn nice ribs Jake!! I admittedly don’t get to make a lot of ribs but I have so many rubs and flavors to try. I got to make this one happen for sure!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky