Featured Rookie Mistake! Help Needed Fast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BeefBuddy

Original poster
Aug 22, 2020
i have a bradley smoker and forgot to plug in the heating element to get the oven temperatures up. I had a 12 pound Brisket in the smoker for about 4 hours at 175°F. Then I discovered the issue and have had it running at 260°F for an hour since. I don't want to oversmoke the meat so please let me know what to do! Help!

What was the temperature inside the smoker during those 4 hours? Was it 175*F? If that is the case, then the meat is safe to eat. Continue cooking and smoke to your desired smokiness...

Not sure on Bradley’s but was it actually heating at 175 for the 4 hours or not? Overall I don’t think you can possibly over smoke it with the Bradley pucks.

I would crank that up to 275-300 if you feel your getting to much smoke (not sure there is such a thing) then you could always wrap in butcher paper or tinfoil

Reactions: indaswamp
I agree with what they said you can't get too much smoke, when the bark is how you want it loom wrap it up until its probes tender

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky