Rival Kc Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bought one 3 days ago and have used it twice.....does what it says it will do.......Don't know how it manages to take a cup of soaked chip and make them last so long.....TBS the whole time! I cooked chicken and 2 1/2 hours when I took it out of the smoker, it was still going strong with the TBS. Cleans up quite easily and is ideal if you only want to smoke a small amount....... My wife does't understand why I need 4 smokers.......but she sure does enjoy the eats.!!!

DB

Bought one 3 days ago....have used it twice already with great results.....I don't know how they manage to make a cup of soaked chips last so long. (TBS the whole time) I did chicken for 2 1/2 hrs and the TBS was still going strong..........great if you only want to smoke a small amount. My wife doesn't understand why I need 4 smokers, but she sure likes the end product.!!!

DB

My Notes On This Very Portable Unit---it Does Have Its Place--i Would Never Have Gotten Into This Excellent Hobby If This Little Gadget Was Not Availabl
1 EXCELLENT QUALITY DEVICE.
2-CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOPS
3-EASY TO CLEAN BECAUSE IT HAS AN INNER REMOVABLE
CHAMBER AND DRIP TRAY-
4- IT DOUBLES AS A ROASTER OR A GIANT SLOW COOKER
5-THE DRIP TRAY HAS PROVISIONS TO ADD WATER IF YOU
CARE TOO
6- IT HAS A 2 LEVEL REMOVABLE RACK
7- YOU ONLE NEED TO PUT ONE PORTION OF THE RACK IN
FOR THICKER CUTS THAT REQUIRE MORE ROOM.
8-- THE THERMOSTAT IS EXTRA STABLE WHEN YOU GET IT
TO THE PROPER TEMPERATURE
9- THE TEMP IS ADJUSTABLE
11-- THERE IS A SEPARATE SWITCH TO TURN THE SMOKING
PORTION ON OR OFF
12--IT HAS A STANDARD ADJUSTABLE VENT IN THE COVER
13- THERE IS SOME SORT OF LIP ABOVE EACH ONE OF THE
CARRYING HANDLES WHICH ALLOWS ONE TO HOOK THE COVER
onto IF OPENING IS NECESSARY(remote stat wires
running through the vent))
14-IT HAS WELL MADE WOODEN HANDLES ON EACH SIDE
FOR CARRYING AND ONE ON THE LID WHICH NEVER SEEMED
TOO HOT TO HANDLE
SOME SHORTCOMINGS
1-WOOD CHIP CAPACITY IS ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
2--IF YOU ARE USING BOTH LEVELS OF THE RACK YOU CAN
NOT REASONABLY ATTEND THE LOWER RACK IF NEEDED
3--ADDING WOOD CHIPS WHILE THE UNIT IS ON AND
CONTAINS FOOD WOULD BE A COMEDY SCENE REQUIRING
ABOUT 3 OR 4 PEOPLE ETC ETC.

I'm going to have to check this thing out! I never heard of it! Nice job Scotty, lookin good. How much was the unit? Think you could fit two racks of ribs in it? I wonder if using just the bottom unit and a rib rack if you could maybe get 5 or 6 racks in there?

Boy you kicking butt with tha littlesmoker Scotty! Great job!

I have a little cheat sheet for times and temperatures for smoking meat and other foods that might help. I actually keep it with my smoking suplies cuz I suffer from CRS!
rolleyes.gif

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Downl...emperature.pdf

Wel im not sure how long a rack is. but if it will hold 2 it will be the max. Ill go measure the rack length now.

Please dont get the idea that i want to stay with ONLY this rig. Its a great start unit. I have been able to controll it and that pleases me a lot.

BRB------

The racks are 14 inches long. Probably a 15 inch rack would fit on each shelf.

The width of a rack is 10.5 inches and the chamber has room for a little over 11 inches wide.

Now someone please tell me how long a rack of ribs runs.
I am guessing tha maybe one rack cut in half or 2 smaller racks.
Please tell me based on your experiences/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky