ribs cooked too fast in pbc jr???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nverlast1

Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
I just got my pit barrel jr and have been working with the times. I just got my chicken wing time good so I tried ribs today. Something not right because they were done in like 2 hrs 15 mins. Are the cooking times different on the jr or do I need to close my vent.? When I took the ribs off they had a great bend, nice bark and temp was like 208.

I thought the beauty of a PBC was the temp would lock in at 280° or 290°? If you had loin back ribs, the 2 hours would be pretty close. Did you get an actual cooking temp in the chamber?

I thought the beauty of a PBC was the temp would lock in at 280° or 290°? If you had loin back ribs, the 2 hours would be pretty close. Did you get an actual cooking temp in the chamber?
They are st Louis style pork ribs. Might have been cause they were on small side. Weighed 2.5 pounds

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky