Ribeyes, Fatty, & Rack of Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PapaLlama

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 7, 2019
Home of BBQ
So I didn't exactly know where this was supposed to go given that I think each item has its own category on this site. Tonight I meal-prepped for the week with an assortment of items. It was my first time cooking lamb of any sort, & my second time cooking a fatty. I have become rather familiar with Ribeyes & Tomahawk Ribeyes. Reverse searing steaks has become my favorite method.

I used Mesquite wood & the kept the smoker around 230F for the first hour. It only took an hour before the steaks & lamb came off for some rest, & then I cranked the smoker up to 275 to get the fatty's bacon crispy. I seared the ribeyes & rack of lamb on a hot grill to get some nice, crispy skin & purrty grill marks.

The fatty is ground beef stuffed with Mushroom & Swiss, with my homemade burger seasoning coating the inside. Gotta say that these fatty things are the bomb.

Mrs. Llama was pretty impressed by the lamb. It was something she grew up eating in her culture & there isn't a lot of good lamb to be found around town. On that note, if anyone has a good recipe for goat, let me know.

Attachments

• 7-28.1.jpeg
    7-28.1.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 7-28.2.jpeg
    7-28.2.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 7-28.3.jpeg
    7-28.3.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 7-28.4.jpeg
    7-28.4.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 7-28.5.jpeg
    7-28.5.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 7-28.6.jpeg
    7-28.6.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 7-28.7.jpeg
    7-28.7.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 93
Picture perfect meal prepping! If Mrs. Llama only wants the lamb, I can help with the rest. It ALL looks yummy. Good job

Man O man that looks AWESOME!!!!! That is carousel worthy in my eyes. Great job and a big like for me..... Any left overs????

Nice looking dishes. I haven't had lamb in a while so I've forgotten what it tastes like, but it looks really good. I know I like fatties - mushrooms not so much, and the rib eyes are always a welcome addition to any dinner plate. Excellent cook.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice looking dishes. I haven't had lamb in a while so I've forgotten what it tastes like, but it looks really good. I know I like fatties - mushrooms not so much, and the rib eyes are always a welcome addition to any dinner plate. Excellent cook.

Point for sure
Chris

That is for all your work on those Fattie how-to guides. It made this a much simpler process!

Damn man you are gonna be eating good this week! That all looks great! Mushrooms swiss burger fatty is a great idea. I just ground up a bunch of brisket yesterday I might have to give that a try

That is for all your work on those Fattie how-to guides. It made this a much simpler process!

Thank you, but I can't take the credit. That should go to @silverwolf636. His original post got lost in the forum upgrade. It showed me and others how to construct a fattie, and I thought it would help out some of the newer members.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky