Reverse Seared Cowboy Ribeye on the Yoder YS640

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 6, 2017
Lake Texoma
So the ability to sear steaks was a big factor in why I bought this tank of a pellet smoker and tonight was about as close as perfection as I could have wanted. 2" Choice Angus Cowboy Ribeye from Sams, Coated with Jeff's Texas Rub, Smoked with Cherry wood pellets in the AMPS 12" tube to about 130 degs then pulled & cranked the Yoder up to 500. Started the sear prossess about 480 on the temp gauge 1 minute per turn - 2 turns per side for a total of 4 minutes - perfect grill marks and perfect steak. Folks I've threw down for some really good steaks at some high end steak houses and non of them were any better than what I cooked on this Yoder tonight. Bon Apatite.
IMG_3605.JPG
IMG_3606.JPG
IMG_3610.JPG
IMG_3613.JPG
IMG_3617.JPG
IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3622.JPG

No steak sauce needed - that's a rare event for me. Try it you'll like it!

That looked really good.

Chris

Reverse Searing a steak is the only way to go!
Everything looks awesome!

Those grill marks are a thing of beauty. It looks like it was a good steak, if there was any doubt the last shot confirms it :-)

Thanks everyone
Disclaimer - No, I did not lick the plate.................It was just empty!!! but I could have :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky