Reverse Sear Cowboy Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Picked up a cowboy ribeye yesterday at Wild Fork for dinner today. I’ve been loving the reverse sear on steak lately.

Seasoned with EVOO, salt, and pepper and smoked at 225 with apple until it hit 95 degrees IT. Pulled it off at 95 then upped the cook temp to 550. Put the steak back on and seared both sides pretty good. It was looking about right by the time the IT hit 117, so I pulled it and let it rest. Coasted up to about 128 by the time I cut it for serving, perfect between rare and mid rare.

I love how thick these steaks are
1D9069E4-A544-4D8D-8A50-5D77840AC1B7.jpeg

Sear is coming along nicely.
5513A126-3929-4573-9CD6-764F003744B2.jpeg

Resting after the sear. Coasting up to final temp
7EC4BA45-D37D-4DC8-B880-B613B3AC6A99.jpeg

Served with salad and some excellent potatoes (EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning. Bake at 400 for about an hour, until edges are crisped. Toss in white wine vinegar and top with Parmesan before serving)

A6872A55-5C3B-4D34-A0A5-1D756A7A82C5.jpeg

Attachments

• A8D6A1DE-631B-4AB1-A7E6-72543C280E0B.jpeg
    A8D6A1DE-631B-4AB1-A7E6-72543C280E0B.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 11
Looks like you've got the timing worked out !
Great looking steak and a mighty fine plate !
Great color .

Keith

Reactions: mcokevin
That looks outstanding did you have to crawl away from the table after eating way too much of that fine meal

Awesome looking steak! Had to be tasty, true American plate!

Killer! great plate all around

That looks outstanding did you have to crawl away from the table after eating way too much of that fine meal

GOOD-NESS!!! Now that is a steak! Great job on this!

WOW!
That is one good looking steak!
The whole meal looks awesome!
Al

That plate is screaming my name! great cook.

Jim
Thanks all, much appreciate. Very happy with how this one turned out.

That’s a meal for 4, right? You didn’t eat that whole thing, did you? I’d be tempted, though.

Hah hah this was for two adults and two small kids, and we still have leftovers!

Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Beautiful steak and the whole meal looks fantastic. Very well done and it looks like you got the timing down to a science.

Robert

Looks beautiful! Perfectly cooked! We love those steaks as well...don't feel bad for paying extra for the bone, the dogs sure love it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky