Reverse Sear Tri Tips on the First Snow Day

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
Drat. We had our first snow here in the Canadian Rockies.

RS Tri Tip 4.jpg

I soothed myself by putting a couple of tri tip steaks in the
Traeger Timberline at 225 F, on supersmoke, to an internal temperature of 115 F and then threw them on my
Weber Grills Genesis on high to sear. Delicious!

RS Tri Tip 1.jpg

RS Tri Tip 2.jpg

RS Tri Tip 3.jpg

Disco

Not to Shabby at all. Perfect doneness for my taste...JJ

Looks good and perfectly cooked. You're lucky, we don't see Tri Tip here in Ga. Don't know why. We don't see a lot of snow either. Have fun and thanks for sharing.

I'd say that steak looks just about perfect for my taste buds Disco, the star of a well balanced plate of vittles, Like! I'd imagine the winter there is grueling, I hate snow and live where there isn't any, the cold makes the arthritis in my hands hurt so much I can't think of anything else. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
I have to agree. Those look very appetizing. Just right for me.

Snow if pretty ... but I will wait until January for ours!

Jeez Disco, you're up there with snow and I'm crying that the pool is down to 76 and starting to get a bit chilly for swimming :emoji_wink: Meal looks spectacular though...as always. Those steaks look to die for. Perfectly cooked and just screaming at me to devour them. Excellent job sir.

Robert

Nicely done. I'd like to see a "real snow" as compared to what we get here in the South. At least for a little while.
Jim

Nice looking plate for sure. Snow? already :emoji_astonished: you can have it. I use to like snow when I was a kid but that's because I didn't know any better.
Still have to say what an awesome cook.

Warren

Looks good Disco! Keep the snow up that way but send the tri tip down, I'll gladly accept that.

They look just beautiful Disco! Very soothing indeed. Woke up to our first snow this morning also...I smiled and thought...be time to smoke some cheese soon!

Ryan

Nice work Disco! We have the "teens" forecast for later this week and I'm a thinking the white stuff will follow soon!

Looks fantastic Disco. Perfectly done.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks good and perfectly cooked. You're lucky, we don't see Tri Tip here in Ga. Don't know why. We don't see a lot of snow either. Have fun and thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much. It could be sold under a different name. It is also called a flatiron steak.

I'd say that steak looks just about perfect for my taste buds Disco, the star of a well balanced plate of vittles, Like! I'd imagine the winter there is grueling, I hate snow and live where there isn't any, the cold makes the arthritis in my hands hurt so much I can't think of anything else. RAY

Thanks, Ray. Living in the mountains in the winter just requires preparation. First, have warm clothes. Second, layer your clothing. Third, lay in a supply of good whiskey!

Picture perfect as usual, Disco!
Al

Har! Thanks, Al. Maybe that should be my motto "Perfect as usual" . It would give She Who Must Be Obeyed a laugh!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky