• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Reverse Sear Tri Tips on the First Snow Day

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Drat. We had our first snow here in the Canadian Rockies.

RS Tri Tip 4.jpg

I soothed myself by putting a couple of tri tip steaks in the
Traeger Timberline at 225 F, on supersmoke, to an internal temperature of 115 F and then threw them on my
Weber Grills Genesis on high to sear. Delicious!

RS Tri Tip 1.jpg

RS Tri Tip 2.jpg

RS Tri Tip 3.jpg

Disco

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Not to Shabby at all. Perfect doneness for my taste...JJ

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Looks good and perfectly cooked. You're lucky, we don't see Tri Tip here in Ga. Don't know why. We don't see a lot of snow either. Have fun and thanks for sharing.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I'd say that steak looks just about perfect for my taste buds Disco, the star of a well balanced plate of vittles, Like! I'd imagine the winter there is grueling, I hate snow and live where there isn't any, the cold makes the arthritis in my hands hurt so much I can't think of anything else. RAY

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Picture perfect as usual, Disco!
Al

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice cook on that steak !

SmokinGame

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 11, 2018
I have to agree. Those look very appetizing. Just right for me.

Snow if pretty ... but I will wait until January for ours!

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Jeez Disco, you're up there with snow and I'm crying that the pool is down to 76 and starting to get a bit chilly for swimming :emoji_wink: Meal looks spectacular though...as always. Those steaks look to die for. Perfectly cooked and just screaming at me to devour them. Excellent job sir.

Robert

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Nicely done. I'd like to see a "real snow" as compared to what we get here in the South. At least for a little while.
Jim

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Steaks look great man! So does the snow! man I want some snow here!

HalfSmoked

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice looking plate for sure. Snow? already :emoji_astonished: you can have it. I use to like snow when I was a kid but that's because I didn't know any better.
Still have to say what an awesome cook.

Warren

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Looks delicious Disco. Very cool drone pic also.

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks good Disco! Keep the snow up that way but send the tri tip down, I'll gladly accept that.

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
They look just beautiful Disco! Very soothing indeed. Woke up to our first snow this morning also...I smiled and thought...be time to smoke some cheese soon!

Ryan

civilsmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 27, 2015
Nice work Disco! We have the "teens" forecast for later this week and I'm a thinking the white stuff will follow soon!

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
The TT's look perfect Disco nice cook! Hard to find them around here hoping to get my hands on a couple more soon. Stay warm!

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Looks fantastic Disco. Perfectly done.

Point for sure
Chris

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Looks good and perfectly cooked. You're lucky, we don't see Tri Tip here in Ga. Don't know why. We don't see a lot of snow either. Have fun and thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much. It could be sold under a different name. It is also called a flatiron steak.

I'd say that steak looks just about perfect for my taste buds Disco, the star of a well balanced plate of vittles, Like! I'd imagine the winter there is grueling, I hate snow and live where there isn't any, the cold makes the arthritis in my hands hurt so much I can't think of anything else. RAY
Thanks, Ray. Living in the mountains in the winter just requires preparation. First, have warm clothes. Second, layer your clothing. Third, lay in a supply of good whiskey!

Picture perfect as usual, Disco!
Al
Har! Thanks, Al. Maybe that should be my motto "Perfect as usual" . It would give She Who Must Be Obeyed a laugh!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.