Reverse sear steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sportsbeerfood

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 13, 2016
Southern Illinois
Wanting to reverse sear some steaks on my pellet smoker. Smoke at what temp and for how long? Should I marinate in worchishire sauce? Any advice feel free to share. Thanks

[QUOTEpersonally sportsbeerfood, post: 1776067, member: 117418"]Wanting to reverse sear some steaks on my pellet smoker. Smoke at what temp and for how long? Should I marinate in worchishire sauce? Any advice feel free to share. Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hi. I personally prefer my weber grill to reverse sear my steaks as I just find it much easier. That being said, using the pellet grill, I strongly recommend using 'GrillGrates' to get a nice seer.
I start with steaks of minimum 1.5" thick. I dry rub with olive oil and a bit of Worcestershire, kosher salt, black pepper, and a little granulated garlic and onion.
Smoke at 200 degrees f until an internal temp of 90 f is reached.
remove steaks and turn smoker temp to highest heat setting. When max temp is reached, place steaks back on the smoker for 2 1/2 minutes then give a quarter turn. Leave for another 2 1/2 minutes then flip. Another 2 1/2 minutes and quarter turn again until your desired internal temp is reached. I go to about 135 f on my steaks. Good luck...they are amazing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky