Retired

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
While I made it and just in time. Everyone has to work 6 Saturdays in a row. I would of been fired!

Been thinking about my Dad today knowing how happy he would be for me today. This the only hard stuff he really liked so picked up a bottle and having a toast to him. Love you Dad!

My Dad, brother and his son 1st pic and my Dad and Mom.

20210226_172035.jpg 131136650_1402363445.jpg indexg.jpg

Last edited:
PROST!!! Congratulations Brian. Great looking family.. Just try not to laugh to hard thinking about the other employees hard at work, while you're sitting at home drinking your morning coffee with the Mrs. It's tough, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. 🍻

Congratulations hope you enjoy it

Congrats Brian! You must be relieved. Very happy for you. Now enjoy your new life.

Congrats, Brian! I am one year behind... maybe sooner if they decide to lay me off before that. I wouldn't mind - just give me big, fat package for 20 years of work for the firm and I'll be happy!!

Congrats. Now you can do anything you want, any time you want. Stay active but balance with well deserved relaxation...JJ

That is awesome Brian, you'll be amazed how fast the days go by when you're the one deciding what to do.
I honestly think I got more accomplished around the house when I was working because I knew I had to get it done A.S.A.P because you had to go back to work Monday morning. Stay disciplined, and you will do great my problem was when I had my back surgery I learned to take it easy the hard way and it sorta stuck with me because of back pain. Stay healthy and enjoy your free time with family and loved ones.

How can a CO demand that people have to work their regular days off? Unless you were a Dr. RN. or LEO overtime is voluntary at least it is out west. I see a lawsuit coming if someone gets injured or falls to sleep at the wheel because they were over worked. The awesome thing is it doesn't mean diddly squat too you now does it?

Congratulations you deserve it.
Dan

That is awesome Brian, you'll be amazed how fast the days go by when you're the one deciding what to do.
I honestly think I got more accomplished around the house when I was working because I knew I had to get it done A.S.A.P because you had to go back to work Monday morning. Stay disciplined, and you will do great my problem was when I had my back surgery I learned to take it easy the hard way and it sorta stuck with me because of back pain. Stay healthy and enjoy your free time with family and loved ones.

How can a CO demand that people have to work their regular days off? Unless you were a Dr. RN. or LEO overtime is voluntary at least it is out west. I see a lawsuit coming if someone gets injured or falls to sleep at the wheel because they were over worked. The awesome thing is it doesn't mean diddly squat too you now does it?

Congratulations you deserve it.
Dan
Our manager told them he wasn't going to do this and they let him go then he killed himself. It been heavy on my mind this last week and really feeling for his family. His wife been texting people at work trying to understand what happened. So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: forktender
Our manager told them he wasn't going to do this and they let him go then he killed himself. It been heavy on my mind this last week and really feeling for his family. His wife been texting people at work trying to understand what happened. So sad.
I read the post that you made, what a tragic loss of life that sure is a shame. I too, have lost friends that got fired from the fire department that pilled x booze out and took their lives over the loss of their lifelong jobs.
I kinda get it... but I don't, these guys were great guys that had life by the balls they just couldn't get over the loss of their beloved careers. The part I don't get is the selfishness they both left amazing wives and very young children and many, many very close friends. Suicide is bunk I don't understand the hurt they must've been feeling to justify their actions, actually I'm still very pissed about it.

Be there as much as you can for their family they need loving family and friends right now more than ever.
Gofund me accounts are a good thing at times like this to help out his wife and kids right now if they don't have one start one they need all the help they can get right now.

Best wishes too you, enjoy your retirement...it's great!!!
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky