Red Faced Amazon...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SonnyE

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 13, 2017
Saugus, California
This morning I get notification my Stuffer, In Stock, is finally shipped.
This is 6 days since it was ordered.
Suddenly... it will be delivered by 9 PM tomorrow.
Yep,
Red Faced Amazon decides to get their flub fixed by overnighting the order.

I guess I'll start thawing some meat. Everything else ordered after the
In Stock stuffer was ordered.

Don't feel bad, I ordered it Monday and a scale with "prime". Tracking info said stuffer was to be here yesterday, scale Sat. That doesn't really equate to 2 day shipping. Last time they said it was account storms ( which was possible then) when something was 6 days for shipping. We foolishly keep paying the prime fees. Not sure why. :emoji_angry:

Reactions: SonnyE
another reason i dropped the Prime and will not pay for it again, all of my Christmas gifts never made it on time, which amazon prime said would be there in two to three days. My regular purchase makes it in three to four days.

Don't feel bad, I ordered it Monday and a scale with "prime". Tracking info said stuffer was to be here yesterday, scale Sat. That doesn't really equate to 2 day shipping. Last time they said it was account storms ( which was possible then) when something was 6 days for shipping. We foolishly keep paying the prime fees. Not sure why. :emoji_angry:

Oh, I don't feel bad. I'm the customer. As such, I have choices.
Normally I am an Ebay customer as of 14 months ago. Ebay gives me many choices, lots of options.
Amazon doesn't. But this item, Amazon had the best price. And they lied saying they had it in stock. They did NOT have it in stock. Prime is a huge rip off unless you buy enough items to offset the $99 (or what ever they charge now). I did a Prime Membership about 4 years ago, much stuff managed in 3 dayz. But many did not. And I found out their guarantee is worthless. Because I got a bad piece of equipment, and the vendor had a 14 day return policy, and Amazon Prime's 30 day does not apply. So Amazon walked away, and left me holding onto a major piece of bad equipment I had to drive to the suppliers headquarters for warranty repair in the first 2 weeks of ownership. Prime Failure.
I only use Amazon as a reference, or if it is the best offer going. But I do not like lies. In Stock my Adze.

another reason i dropped the Prime and will not pay for it again, all of my Christmas gifts never made it on time, which amazon prime said would be there in two to three days. My regular purchase makes it in three to four days.

No Prime here. It's a sham. But as said above, Amazon is getting to be a Bad Business. Lying, and not standing up for their Prime Members, made me go elsewhere. Now showing In Stock, then ordering from LEM so they can bounce it to me.
"In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." Total lie.

Some people on Ebay actually drop ship from Amazon. I ordered some AC Legg Hot Italian Sausage Seasoning from a vendor on Ebay, and that vendor (honestly), messaged me they had ordered on Amazon to be shipped to me.
They didn't have it in stock, so made a way to fulfill the order. And Honestly communicated that to me. Probably cut into or negated their profit.
But not the first time I've run across drop shippers on Ebay.

Most of my orders have been getting faster lately. They opened a new warehouse 50 miles away and are planning another 20 miles away. My last order (grill cover) I ordered Saturday and they said delivery would be Wednesday. Shrugged and muttered the usual "Amazon, you suck" mantra under my breath and forgot about it. It arrived Monday. You do have to watch that items are sold and shipped by Amazon otherwise you're at the mercy of the vendor.

Well I guess I've really been lucky, cause living in such a small town I buy almost everything through Amazon Prime. I always get at least 2 day delivery, & about 25% of the time it's delivered in one day. I've had several deliveries on Saturday & Sunday too! I even got a delivery on Labor Day! Couldn't believe it. Also Comcast is now broadcasting Prime video, which is free with Prime. For me Amazon Prime is a heck of a good deal!!
Al

You do have to watch that items are sold and shipped by Amazon otherwise you're at the mercy of the vendor.

That is what has me fuming. This is an Amazon item, and the glaring green letters: In Stock are there.
From thin air, the stuffer arrived and Amazon's San Bernadino center.

Saturday, February 16
7:31 AM
Out for delivery
Los Angeles, US
1:00 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility
Los Angeles, US
Friday, February 15
7:51 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility
San Bernardino, CALIFORNIA US
6:20 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
San Bernardino, CALIFORNIA US

Thursday, February 14
Package has shipped

Shipped from where? Now they are expediting thinking I'm going to give them a high score. Not likely.
It took them 6 DAYS to take their thumb out and begin to move on what I (and anybody else) is lead to believe is "In Stock".

Sorry Al, I never used their Prime advantages even when I did have Prime.
But I bought over $6,000 worth of astronomy equipment in that year. (My wife says $10K, but I think she is exaggerating.) And like I said, they washed their hands of an $850 item I had trouble with well under their 30 day return policy.
I do carry a library of Amazon Kindle Books in my Smarter-than-me phone. But get this: If I close my Amazon account, all my Kindle access goes away. Yep, books I bought and paid for, I loose.
Sorry, but Amazon and me have some history that seems to be repeating itself. So I only use Amazon in a pinch, knowing I may be pinched.
Even with SMF vendors, I look for ways around Amazon.
Waiting for the big gray Prime van to roll up.....

Well Sonny you have something in common with New York now. You've both kicked Amazon out:emoji_laughing:.
Sonny Alexendria Ocasio-Cortez E :emoji_sunglasses:.

Chris

Reactions: GATOR240
Sonny Alexendria Ocasio-Cortez E :emoji_sunglasses:

What does that mean? :emoji_laughing:

I got a twofer deal on Echo's, thinking the wife might like them because you talk to it. (Let's just say she is "electronically challenged", and fights with the TV remote).
They went back. With some difficulty... Amazon again. :emoji_thinking:

She got a new iPad instead. :emoji_rolling_eyes: Shrug. :emoji_couplekiss:

I'll stuff you a Meat Stick today or tomorrow, then tell you how good it is.
But so far, my test batches have been good. I'm going for the Full Monte, prepping 5 pounds, Baby!
Even have 17 mm casings, and the stuffing horn for them. Locked and loaded.
The entire convoy is stalled for Amazon. :emoji_frowning2:

Time to get into the grind!
The new LEM Mighty Bite 5 pound stuffer hit the porch about 10:30 AM.

I was up to my elbows slicing my latest Pork Belly Bacon and packaging it. So didn't go right out to grab it.
So far, so good.

I rested a bit from the Bacon Slicing, so maybe I can do my grinding, seasoning, and stuff some casing.

I ordered another batch of Killer Hogs rub and got a text that it was delivered at the post office Monday. Went to the post office and not there according to the Government Employee! Said she would check on it and call me. Of course I never heard back from the Government Employee! Guess they found it as it was in my box Friday morning.

Yeah, I just went thru it today with them on a "lost in transit" order. It got as far as the warehouse 40 miles from my house, but somehow became lost after that. They cancelled the order and gave me a quick refund. I reordered, so now we'll see how they do with that one. I may just get double if the first one ever shows up.

OK.
No pictures, Didn't happen, right?
Well the MES 40 will be busy tomorrow....

5 pounds of snacky Snack Sticks in the fridge resting for the Sm00king tomorrow.

One tray is a full two layers plus a smidge. The other is the tail end of the LEM load. I used a whole 123' of 17 mm casing, plus a bit of another 19 mm to wrap up the 5 pounds. Both squirted out of a 3/8" tube, with not a lot of effort.
There was just enough left for a little patty to fry. I was pleased how empty the stuffer pressed the meat out.
Double meaty day here. Whew!

5 pound load of Snack Sausages. 02_16_19.jpg

(1/4 sheet pans.)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky