Recommendation?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brianp48093

Original poster
Jul 29, 2020
I'm looking for a good pellet grill for a gift for my mom. Very little smoking. Primarily grill use. Do not need a big one. She currently has a Weber Spirit Spirit II E210 gas grill with primary cooking area: 360 Sq inches and 450 Sq inches total grilling area. This size is fine.... so this size or bigger if needed. The biggest things are EASE OF USE/temp control, parts availability (home improvement stores, speciality fireplace/grill stores etc) and good quality wifi/phone app. I know Weber makes 2 pellet grills and parts everywhere, id rather avoid since there's been some flame issues. I was looking at the Rec Tec RT-590. The Rec Tec looks like parts are impossible to source locally. Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

I have the Rec Tec. 340 for a family of 4 and it is a good size and easy to move around. Not sure what you mean about parts??? There is not much to go bad like on a gas grill. No burners or valves to replace.

Pellet grills are mostly for smoking and incidental grilling. I have the Camp Chef Woodwind with the sear box option. The sear box is not very big and will only be big enough for four to six burgers. It does have wifi and blue tooth connectability. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Fueling Around
I'm looking for a good pellet grill for a gift for my mom. Very little smoking. Primarily grill use. Do not need a big one. She currently has a Weber Spirit Spirit II E210 gas grill with primary cooking area: 360 Sq inches and 450 Sq inches total grilling area. This size is fine.... so this size or bigger if needed. The biggest things are EASE OF USE/temp control, ...
Any thoughts?
Recommendations?
Thanks!
Stay with a gas grill.
I don't know of any pellet pooper that offers a large grilling area.
I would prefer a kettle charcoal over a gasser. That is a great griller.

Reactions: sawhorseray
Personally if you just want it for grilling I think your better off with gas or charcoal I find I really dont get a good flavor from my pellet grill.

The Webers are simple easy, but they do require cleaning. The pitboss are cheap and no WiFi. GMG, and Rec Tec are simple, but don’t really grill.

I'm looking for a good pellet grill for a gift for my mom. Very little smoking. Primarily grill use. Do not need a big one. She currently has a Weber Spirit Spirit II E210 gas grill with primary cooking area: 360 Sq inches and 450 Sq inches total grilling area. This size is fine.... so this size or bigger if needed. The biggest things are EASE OF USE/temp control, parts availability (home improvement stores, speciality fireplace/grill stores etc) and good quality wifi/phone app. I know Weber makes 2 pellet grills and parts everywhere, id rather avoid since there's been some flame issues. I was looking at the Rec Tec RT-590. The Rec Tec looks like parts are impossible to source locally. Any thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!
I suggest you use the Weber grill, which is not only famous, but also cheap and the quality is good. This is just my suggestion.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky