Rec Tech RT700 Ordered

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I couldnt wait any longer. one RT700 on the way with the searing kit, front shelf and winter blanket thang. its cold her in Utah and I want to enjoy the smoker year round. My old WSM could handle the cold at all. It was only a summer deal and that kinda blows when you get the hankerin for some fresh smoked meats.

Same as many others - I labored over the choices and almost spent twice an much. Almost got a yoder. But came to my senses. 6 year warranty and all the great reviews = gotta have it!

Cant Wait to fire this bad boy up!

Reactions: retfr8flyr
What's winter? Is it that one day a year when it freezes? :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new RecTec!
You do know now comes the very worst part. :confused:o_O
The waiting part... :emoji_sweat:
Lord how I hate that part!

Congratulations on the new Rec-tech.

Chris

thanks to all! I think they said it would ship within a couple weeks. I can wait. it winter here so it will be cold and hopefully snowy.

Stoked to get it on sale! I was half watching one of the thanksgiving day football games and looking at the pellet smoker options, reading reviews here and all that. and alas - the winner was on sale.

I'm thinking about the same unit, or the smaller Stampede one. Are you saying it was cheaper than the $1200? Looks like it's been that price for awhile. Just didn't want to miss anything.....

I currently have a Camp Chef and was "gifted" a new one from my wife and kids! So now looking at Rec Tec.

I'm thinking about the same unit, or the smaller Stampede one. Are you saying it was cheaper than the $1200? Looks like it's been that price for awhile. Just didn't want to miss anything.....

The cooking chamber on the Stampede is only 18ga. Pretty thin for a higher dollar pellet grill. Even the small trailblazer model has a 15ga chamber. Chamber on the Bull is 14ga. They all have 12ga lids.

Hopefully Rec Tec will come out with a heavy duty grill that is smaller than the Stampede but bigger than the Trailblazer with heavy gauge stainless. The Stampede seems to be the odd ball. I'm sure it cooks just fine though but I get all hung up on weight.

Technically, I have a Cabela's, made by Camp Chef. It's been great for $200 off of Craigslist. But ready for a new one at the lake place.

Thanks Hammick for the heads-up on the Stampede wall thickness. Didn't realize that one. Was either thinking the CC Woodwind or the Stampede....base on similar sizes. But if I could stretch it, might do the RT700.

Last edited:
RT 700 also is the only one with the 6 year warranty

I currently have a Camp Chef and was "gifted" a new one from my wife and kids! So now looking at Rec Tec.

I emailed REC TEC and they said the sale was good till tonight...but maybe they were referring to the accessory sale...not sure...dont care. I wanted a pellet burner for too long. it was a good excuse either way :)

They were referring to the accessories. The grills have been the same price for the several months i've been looking. Not trying to troll, just don't want someone to make a decision thinking they have a time crunch.

They were referring to the accessories. The grills have been the same price for the several months i've been looking. Not trying to troll, just don't want someone to make a decision thinking they have a time crunch.

That's what I was seeing too. I don't really want a 50% off of an additional grill....I was hoping for a reduction in price from the $1200.

What's winter? Is it that one day a year when it freezes? :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new RecTec!
You do know now comes the very worst part. :confused:o_O
The waiting part... :emoji_sweat:
Lord how I hate that part!
OMG the waiting... Cant wait to get it!!!

I've had a Rec Tec Mini for a few years. That thing has been a very reliable workhorse. Although I haven't needed it yet, I've heard their customer service is second to none.

Hope you get it soon. I had the 700 as one of my top choices and I had planned on ordering in the spring. I ran across a super deal on the Timberline 1300 and couldn't pass it up. I ordered it Wed the 28th and it got here yesterday. Amazing fast service from Traeger.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky