Quick simple question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

James202

Original poster
Feb 2, 2018
So I want to make jerky and I am just wondering is there a possibility in smoking the jerky and the finishing it in a dehydrator? If so I get that the smoker has to be at 160 and smoke for around 5 hours but after that how long would I have to have it in the dehydrator? Thanks

Reactions: SonnyE
I've smoked ground beef meat, then finished it in my dehydrator. I didn't worry about temperature in the smoker, because I knew I would reach leathality in my dehydrator.
Tasty, tasty, tasty.

I know, I'm weird.

Welcome to SMF!

I actually did my jerky at 160 in the smoker with apple pellets for about 3 hours then dehydrated it on the meat setting for about 5 hours came out amazing. And thanks ive learned alot on here.

Reactions: SonnyE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky