Quick picnic pork question? 1st timer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

saltbranch

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I need to bring the internal temps to around 200 for pulling right? 1st one for me, have had it on since 8am, pit holding 235-250, internal temp is just breaking 180 now. Was in the 160 range for a couple hrs.

Thanks

I go til 205 before taking it from the smoker. Mines at 193 right now. If you dont have a reliable therm just give the bone a twist and it should want to come out clean. Just don't pull the bone out until you let it rest for at least 1 hour. Don't forget the camera. 
icon14.gif

I never have had pulled pork till tonight....always been a brisket type. HOLY SMOKES!!! Never knew what i was missing! I followed the steps in sticky for smoking and used the finishing sauce recipe in the sticky. I let is rest about an hour after hitting 205(Thanks meateater), made the sauce..pulled/ mixed and OMG! I have achieved hero status with the kids and wife thanks to this forum....LOL!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky