Quick pickled eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Run a round wooden toothpick lengthwise through the egg. It'll act like a wick and the brine will penetrate farther into the egg.

Hey my friend

A as I said, I grew up on pickled eggs (as soon as I was 17 and looked old enough to get into the bars) and the texture was always very dense--must have somethiing to do with the vinager--I just assumed it was normal.  So far, it has't killed me for 65 years.  LOL

Gary

I'm about to try my 2nd and last pickled egg after 16 days. Can't wait anymore

Hahahaha, yes I am sir, yes I am! You know I'm not sure much changed in the last week since I ate the first one...

The brine didn't seep in anymore, and it's been over a week. The flavor seemed about the same (real good). Color might be a little more green/yellow.

Overall they were good but I don't think they'd ever have the color go all the way through.

In gonna throw 8 eggs in the jar today. One last time before I chuck the brine.

Hey John.

Just opedned the jar of your beet juice pickled eggs a week ago, but have had company ever since.--they sleep on the spare bed in the computer room.  They were very good, color just barely into the yoke.  But (and this isn't personal, but having been raised is Sask. where the pickled eggs are a LOT more pickled, I and my Sask buddies, found them just a little "under vinegared.")  So after we ate 4 of them, I added a half cup  of white vinegar to the mix.  After letting them sit for a week, the change was very dramatic.  Not only were they more like what I grew up on--( Strong, with a tendency to bite back) but the coloration had totally penetrated the yoke--everything was beet juice colored.  Beautiful  They were a HUGE hit.  Now everybody I know is growing beets to pickle this fall..Great recipe my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'LL be making a lot more.  And NO I did not fire up the fireplace.  LOL

Now that my computer works, you'll have to wait a week or so til I get my camera working so I can post some q views--you know how much electronics love me.

Gary

Last edited:

Hey John.

Just opedned the jar of your beet juice pickled eggs a week ago, but have had company ever since.--they sleep on the spare bed in the computer room.  They were very good, color just barely into the yoke.  But (and this isn't personal, but having been raised is Sask. where the pickled eggs are a LOT more pickled, I and my Sask buddies, found them just a little "under vinegared."  So after we ate 4 of them, I added a half cup  of white vinegar to the mix.  After letting them sit for a week, the change was very dramatic.  Not only were they more like what I grew up on-- Strong, with a tendency to bite back) but the coloration had totally penetrated the yoke--everything was beet juice colored.  Beautiful  They were a HUGE hit.  Now everybody I know is growing beets to pickle this fall..Great recipe my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'LL be making a lot more.  And NO I did not fire up the fireplace.  LOL

Now that my computer works, you'll have to wait a week or so til I get my camera working so I can post some q views--you know how much electronics love me.

Gary
Thanks for the tip Gary!! I'm sure it wouldn't hurt mine to kick it up either. In fact I just took one out of a jar last night. It was a jar that I did those last ones in, so I put more eggs in the same red beet juice. It is very weak!!! Not good to use the same Beet juice more than once!!!!!

Next new batch of juice I have left over, I'm going to add some white vinegar!!  Thank You Sir!!!

Bear

Y'all got me all fired up about pickled eggs, its been years since I had any, loved them, going to have to give it a try.

Gary S

Man I LOVE pickled eggs!! There was just something I read about this gizmo that scrambles eggs inside the shell prior to boiling them so you end up with a yellow egg when you boil them, but you can also use a long sleeve tshirt to accomplish this. Might make for some cool pickled eggs.

Man I LOVE pickled eggs!! There was just something I read about this gizmo that scrambles eggs inside the shell prior to boiling them so you end up with a yellow egg when you boil them, but you can also use a long sleeve tshirt to accomplish this. Might make for some cool pickled eggs.
This I gotta see:

A long time ago I saw some little gadget that was like a drill bit that you put in the egg & it mixed everything up inside.

However the "long sleeve tshirt" has me baffled. Some way of shaking or spinning the egg violently???

Bear

This I gotta see:
A long time ago I saw some little gadget that was like a drill bit that you put in the egg & it mixed everything up inside.

However the "long sleeve tshirt" has me baffled. Some way of shaking or spinning the egg violently???

Bear

From what I saw on you tube the long sleeve tshirt both shakes and spins the egg. Just put it in the sleeve, tie both ends around it and shake and spin away. Looks like an easy way to ruin a t-shirt but has potential to work.

From what I saw on you tube the long sleeve tshirt both shakes and spins the egg. Just put it in the sleeve, tie both ends around it and shake and spin away. Looks like an easy way to ruin a t-shirt but has potential to work.
LOL---I just watched a video of that. Pretty neat !!

I gotta try that one of these days. Hmmm might have to use a sweat shirt---Don't think I ever owned a long sleeve T-shirt.   

Bear

Sunday will be three weeks since my last batch went into the Dave's pickle juice jar. Did 10 of them this time. They are good!

Hey John

Still haven't gotten my camera workig.  Sure liked this world before cell pholnes  LOL  Guess thats just old age showing through.  So You'll have to waite a bit longer for the quviews.  However......................they were fantastic.  Purple al the way through the egg. Pickled like you can't believe.  Great.  Just Great.  Getting ready to start batch #2--only this one will be about 3 dozen eggs.  Looking for a much LARGER jar.  Ha.  Like I said, I've been eating  pickled eggs all my life, and none have come even close to these................thatnks John!!!!

Gary

Just be geting dumb, but I have totally missed the link to Utube for the tshirt pickled eggs--heip???????Gary
Gary,

I hesitate to put an off site link on this forum.

Just Google the following:

"scramble eggs inside its shell so that you can make scrambled hard boiled eggs."

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky