Quick and Easy Fish Tacos (Q-view rich)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
A couple weekends ago I made a trip down to Depoe Bay Oregon to go fishing on my Uncles Charter fishing boat, the Tacklebuster. Fishing has been really good and we caught a limit of LingCod and rockfish for a full crew.

A lingcod on the hook!

A couple fresh pieces of lingcod getting ready for the smoker. It is easiest to cook rockfish on foil, but it can be cooked right on the grill if your careful.

Since I was using this as my seasoning cooking on foil was the best option. You can use any type of salsa that you like. I was in a hurry so store bought canned is what was in the pantry.

Seasoned and into the mini-wsm, burning 275* with Kingsford Blue and apple wood smoke.

The fish doesn't take very long at all to cook, so watch it closely. there is no need to flip. the fish is done when it flakes easily. Right at the end sprinkle a good layer of grated cheese and allow to melt prior to pulling off.

Off the grill and onto the plate

There it is super simple fish tacos! You can bake the fish this way in the oven, but why!

This works well with shrimp too. We typically skewer the shrimp and grill. First though we put the salsa on to heat. When the shrimp are grilled give them a quick chop throw them in the salsa, top with cheese and allow to melt. Assemble the tacos! I'll do some of those soon and post up some Q-view!

Looks-Great.gif
 man those are some deeliisshhh lookin tacos..im havin fishy tacos tonight. unfortunately theyll be from a restaurant..the wife wants to take me to a restaurant that she loves, and i hate...but their fish tacos are pretty decent, although they look NOTHING like those...man now im gunna hate these tacos tonight!!! hahaha
Gunner.gif

Yeah Herdez is one of the only store bought canned or jarred salsas we'll buy.

I don't know about the sturgeon season. When I quit fishing for a living I quit paying attention to the regs!

Dirt.....looking great as usual!  I will take one with out the Salsa!  Thanks!!!  (haha)

Kat

Dirt.....looking great as usual!  I will take one with out the Salsa!  Thanks!!!  (haha)

Kat
Thanks Kat. How about one with homemade pineapple mango salsa? That's our favorite, just didn't have time to whip up a batch!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky