Fish Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
My left hand been really swollen and very painful. I tried everything. I been messing up on diet and time to get back. I did a 3 day fast and the swelling went down on my hand. Still painful but a lot better. I broke my fast this afternoon. I had this fish soup in Mexico that was so good. I decided to make a test run. Did not take any pictures of cook as was not planning on posting but this turned out pretty darn good. I will be doing again soon with seafood with some adjustments and will post that. This was Red Snapper and shrimp. Wish I could get some fish bones and heads to make stock. I have 4 rainbow trout thawing from HEB. Going to put in Pop's low salt brine and smoke.

20231228_161316.jpg

Great looking soup! My mom when she was alive used to make it especially at Christmas. So good. Haven't had any for ever. The memories it brings. Thanks for sharing.

Yummy meal. Have you tried a Caribbean Fish Tea?

Lost on pointers for your hands.
My last thought is have you tried the elimination diet regime?
Something you eat or drink is feeding the inflammation.

I first made fish soup (chowder) a few weeks ago as a cross between Irish Seafood Pie and New England Chowder. I used cod, scallops, shrimp, and potatoes in a cream bisque. I would have also used clams, but the freezer bag had lost seal and I tossed them.
Wife is wanting an encore. Will have to wait until daughter leaves in a week as she doesn't sound interested in trying the dish.

Your soup looks delicious Brian. My wife is making pea soup today using our Christmas ham-bone. I can't wait for dinner time.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking soup, Brian. Hope the swelling likes it enough to stop bothering you. Get well.
Thanks Ray.
Great looking soup! My mom when she was alive used to make it especially at Christmas. So good. Haven't had any for ever. The memories it brings. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Give it a shot
Mmmm, fish soup or chowder, hell yeah!
That looks tasty, what ya put in it?

Hope the New Year brings ya better health.
Thanks John. I give it a shot after this reply
Looks and sounds bad great. Hope you get that hand straightened out soon.
Thanks Jeff
Yummy meal. Have you tried a Caribbean Fish Tea?

Lost on pointers for your hands.
My last thought is have you tried the elimination diet regime?
Something you eat or drink is feeding the inflammation.

I first made fish soup (chowder) a few weeks ago as a cross between Irish Seafood Pie and New England Chowder. I used cod, scallops, shrimp, and potatoes in a cream bisque. I would have also used clams, but the freezer bag had lost seal and I tossed them.
Wife is wanting an encore. Will have to wait until daughter leaves in a week as she doesn't sound interested in trying the dish.
Thanks Richie
Soup looks good Brian. Sorry about your hand. When you're up to it. Could you post the recipe?
Thanks Steve. I give it a shot after this reply
Looks good Brian. I'd be interested in how you made it, too...
Thanks Charles. I give it a shot after this reply
Your soup looks delicious Brian. My wife is making pea soup today using our Christmas ham-bone. I can't wait for dinner time.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris

These kind of cooks I just kind of wing it. Taste and add a little of something and taste again. I always just add a small amount than taste again. I started with 4 cups water and added 2 Knorr fish cubes and I think about a tsp of knorr shrimp bouillon. That shrimp bouillon is really good stuff. As Carlo, tallbm tallbm has said knorr has very good stuff. Added couple tsp of Guajillo Chile Powder and a little Ancho Chile Pepper Powder. Added a diced tomato, diced turnip and carrot. After that its kind of hayze. Just what ever came to me at time of cooking. I will be redoing with mixed seafood soon and keep better tabs of what I do.

Made this green curry last night. Pretty good stuff!

20231229_164519.jpg

Reactions: tallbm and Steve H
These kind of cooks I just kind of wing it. Taste and add a little of something and taste again. I always just add a small amount than taste again. I started with 4 cups water and added 2 Knorr fish cubes and I think about a tsp of knorr shrimp bouillon. That shrimp bouillon is really good stuff. As Carlo, tallbm tallbm has said knorr has very good stuff. Added couple tsp of Guajillo Chile Powder and a little Ancho Chile Pepper Powder. Added a diced tomato, diced turnip and carrot. After that its kind of hayze. Just what ever came to me at time of cooking. I will be redoing with mixed seafood soon and keep better tabs of what I do.

Made this green curry last night. Pretty good stuff!

View attachment 684532
Yeah Knorr bouillon can't be beat when it comes to the cubes and powders. That sounds and looks great! :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky