Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onthedeck

Original poster
Aug 23, 2010
Marietta GA
What is your most handy BBQ gadget or tool and how is it used? Just thought we could all learn from each other on this one. 

EXAMPLE: We use  a large PVC sprinkler  housing b/c of it's cone shape to act as a bag holder  assisting in getting pulled pork into freezer bags. HomeDepot- $8-bucks

Last edited:
white rags,  buy em at home depot by the bag maybe $7 per bag maybe a dozen come in the bag

can use for spills, hot pads, swatting flys, rattail to pop the dog if he wont move,  rattail to pop the kids if you want them to move faster, carry warm racks wipe down the smoker while its still warm

then throw em in the washer and reuse

my smoker
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif
  second place goes to my vac sealer
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Other than that I don't have gadgets..ok I have a garlic press thats kinda handy.  Everything else is pretty much standard equipment.

In this order.
  1. A-MAZE-N-SMOKER
  2. Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
  3. Fleetwood Food Slicer

A-Maze-N smoker, used for cold smoke of cheese.  It may graduate to warm and even hot smoking.

Foodsaver Vacumn sealer, used for sealing up smoked cheese and all sorts of other things.

Heavy duty grill brush with replaceable heads (for my Weber propane grill).

With the hot weather its been the bottle opener I installed on my new grilling cabinet. Second is my digital scale for weighing cures.
icon_smile.gif

An ET 73 is a very useful gadget
biggrin.gif

Good probe thermometers, one for each when you have unlike large items in, but also a good instant read thermometer to back it up now and then (I like thermoworks, Taylor good too). Also, Good Beer. You can Never Have Too Much heavy duty foil around.  I really like the idea of the shop rags from home depot-less in the trash, always good. The trick with tongs is to get really good strong, springy ones.  Start hitting nearby restaurant supply stores, both for food and hardware, near you-they're full of goodies (& really handy for the birthday/xmas wish lists).

Digital scale for measuring out ingredients for sausages, cures, brines, etc.

Pickle pump injector for curing meats

36" stockinette bags for hanging hams, turkeys, chickens

Bacon and ham hooks for hanging slab and buckboard bacons and stockinette bags

My # 1 most important BBQ accessory is my wife, she supports my new found addiction

# 2, The fine folks here at SMF, who have helped me out with my new addiction

# 3, my smoker, without it I couldn't feed my addiction

# 4, my BBQ companion "Izzy", she is my taste tester, and she is honest, if something ain't right she spits it out, and shakes her head.

# 5, A cold beer

# 6, Digital Thermometer

# 7, Flavor injectors

# 8, BBQ gloves, rubs ,sauces, Beef, Pork, Poultry, and anything else I can throw into the smoker

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky