• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Question: Most Handy BBQ Gadget/tool

onthedeck

Joined Aug 23, 2010
What is your most handy BBQ gadget or tool and how is it used? Just thought we could all learn from each other on this one. 

EXAMPLE: We use  a large PVC sprinkler  housing b/c of it's cone shape to act as a bag holder  assisting in getting pulled pork into freezer bags. HomeDepot- $8-bucks

Last edited:

rp ribking

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 29, 2009
Throw away gloves for handling the meat while rubbing and handling and what Piney said.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2009
white rags,  buy em at home depot by the bag maybe $7 per bag maybe a dozen come in the bag

can use for spills, hot pads, swatting flys, rattail to pop the dog if he wont move,  rattail to pop the kids if you want them to move faster, carry warm racks wipe down the smoker while its still warm

then throw em in the washer and reuse

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 17, 2010
my smoker
  second place goes to my vac sealer

Other than that I don't have gadgets..ok I have a garlic press thats kinda handy.  Everything else is pretty much standard equipment.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I guess I have to say my A-MAZE-N-SMOKER.

It got rid of a whole lot of headaches.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007
In this order.
  1. A-MAZE-N-SMOKER
  2. Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer
  3. Fleetwood Food Slicer

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
A-Maze-N smoker, used for cold smoke of cheese.  It may graduate to warm and even hot smoking.

Foodsaver Vacumn sealer, used for sealing up smoked cheese and all sorts of other things.

Heavy duty grill brush with replaceable heads (for my Weber propane grill).

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
With the hot weather its been the bottle opener I installed on my new grilling cabinet. Second is my digital scale for weighing cures.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
An ET 73 is a very useful gadget

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
My smoker then tongs

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Good probe thermometers, one for each when you have unlike large items in, but also a good instant read thermometer to back it up now and then (I like thermoworks, Taylor good too). Also, Good Beer. You can Never Have Too Much heavy duty foil around.  I really like the idea of the shop rags from home depot-less in the trash, always good. The trick with tongs is to get really good strong, springy ones.  Start hitting nearby restaurant supply stores, both for food and hardware, near you-they're full of goodies (& really handy for the birthday/xmas wish lists).

geek with fire

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 5, 2007
My BBQ Guru.....I don't even grill without it any more.  Once you go lazy, anything else is just crazy.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
My BBQ Guru.....I don't even grill without it any more.  Once you go lazy, anything else is just crazy.
I have to ask -- what is a BBQ Guru?

I forgot to mention my probe thermometer -- I have a Taylor.  Not remote, but it works fine sitting on top of the smoker.

pops6927

Gone but never forgotten.
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 23, 2008
Digital scale for measuring out ingredients for sausages, cures, brines, etc.

Pickle pump injector for curing meats

36" stockinette bags for hanging hams, turkeys, chickens

Bacon and ham hooks for hanging slab and buckboard bacons and stockinette bags

northern greenhorn

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 11, 2010
My # 1 most important BBQ accessory is my wife, she supports my new found addiction

# 2, The fine folks here at SMF, who have helped me out with my new addiction

# 3, my smoker, without it I couldn't feed my addiction

# 4, my BBQ companion "Izzy", she is my taste tester, and she is honest, if something ain't right she spits it out, and shakes her head.

# 5, A cold beer

# 6, Digital Thermometer

# 7, Flavor injectors

# 8, BBQ gloves, rubs ,sauces, Beef, Pork, Poultry, and anything else I can throw into the smoker

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.