Question about grinder/stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hopkinsb

Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
Mars
This grinds ok for us but I can't figure out how to stuff without using the cutter/grinder. So we grind the meat, then add in say cheese and jalapeños, we run it back through and the meat gets chopped up even more and the cheese/whatever ends up being tiny and not what were looking for. I reached out to the manufacturer and they just were no help.

If we run it without the blade it jams up the plate, if we run it without the plate it pushes out the auger

Thank you

Attachments

• 20210108_111430.jpg
    20210108_111430.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 25
Grinders make very poor sausage stuffers. And they are not designed for stuffing things like cheese. Best to get a dedicated sausage stuffer. A good 5# model can be had for around $80-100 if you watch the sales....
Thats what I figured from my research

Reactions: JC in GB
The upper right plate is referred to as a 'stuffing plate' since it has the least resistance.... but I recommend a dedicated stuffer too.
fu7oaJq.jpg

I take it stuffer don't rely on plates or blades and just push it strait through the tube?

Whaaaa

I been doing it wrong?

:emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished::emoji_sunglasses:
I don't think you're doing it wrong.
I've done it with my grinders and my stuffers.

Just think it is easier and quicker with a stuffer.

Probably no huge difference in real small batches, but in quantity, i'll stick with my 20lb motorized stuffer over my grinder any day!

I have the same grinder, struggled for a year or two with the blade and plates. Bought the stuffing plate and ran without the blade and was a lot easier, but still sucked some some things. Brats and sausages were okay, better texture than with the grinding plates. Snack sticks were horrible. Anything with binder is a pain to get through it, you can't feed it fast enough. The meat sits in the auger and everything is hotdog textured.

After Christmas I bought the 5# LEM and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Snack sticks were 100 times easier. Small batches of sausage I may still use the grinder since I have it out and dirty from the grinding already. Larger batches will go into the stuffer every time. Consistent stuffing was also easier.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky