Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful Jake, just beautiful. That's the kind of bark I love on a big chunk of meat. That plate is the quintessential weekend backyard BBQ. What's not to love?

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
Oh yeah! Looks amazing. The butt looked very good - i bet it was far better than the mass produced grocery stuff

That is some fine looking PP, Jake!
Your wife wanted PP, and mine wanted fried bologna sammies!
Go figure!
Al

Evening fellas and non fellas.....and those of you trying to figure out if you are the mother or the father on this mother's day. Last week my brother in law sent me a box of meat from home place pastures in como MS. He lives a few minutes away. Had a butt, belly, brats, Ribeyes. Seasoned up the butt last night with a throw together rub. Of Brown sugar, salt, paprika, onion, garlic, pepper, chipotle and cayenne. No measurements.View attachment 631400View attachment 631401View attachment 631402
Was a beautiful piece of pork. About 6.5lbView attachment 631403
Onto the smoker at about 240 using 100% hickory pellets and a smoke tubeView attachment 631404
About 3hrs inView attachment 631405
No spritzing. Butt had superior marble so let it rideView attachment 631406
About 8hr in. No wrap. Going for barkView attachment 631407
Bone was sticking out at that point.
Total cook was about 10hr. Pulled when probe tenderView attachment 631408
Let it rest on the counter for about an hour and pulledView attachment 631409
Plated up with some tater salad, slaw, pasta salad and chips. Wife said was perfect and the perfect meal to honor her so I'm happyView attachment 631410

Also put a pork belly in cure today for a future smoke that isn't bacon.......see y'all in 2 weeks!
fine looking outcome!

Some fine looking pork Jake! After the storms we got Friday the temps were absolutely perfect here over the weekend. High of 71 yesterday. Guess that's the last of that before shit heats up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky