Pulled pork puller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bear paws are the stuff. i usually put on my meat gloves and do it by hand .

I know Cabela's sells them but I prefer to use my on paws.  I've found I can "feel" the fatty spots and get them out better than my eyes can see them.  Yes, I wash my hands thoroughly and make sure the meat has cooled enough to be pulled by hand.  Learned that last part the very first time I pulled!

This is what I use when I pull pork! Harbor freight nitrale gloves. I buy boxes of them for use when I am epoxying boat parts together.

I've seen the claws at Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Walmart. Most BBQ isles have them. I just don't like having gadgets I have to find more room to store.

I got some but they don't see service.  I have pulled all my butts by hand.  It's just easier.  I usually glove up with thin work gloves covered by blue nitrile gloves and that does the trick.  The claws work great for handling big clods of meat, though.

Last edited:
Everyone has their own preference. I used to pull with a fork but found that to be tough on my arthritic hands. Bought some Wolf claws and found it much easier but not totally comfortable. Recently bought pair of Alsing meat claws using the half off coupon that someone offered on the forum. Ca't remember who and can't find the post again. Initial feeling that they are more comfortable but cannot comment on any other aspect as I have not tried them on a butt yet. Bought the wolf claws and Alsings on Amazon.

Everyone has their own preference. I used to pull with a fork but found that to be tough on my arthritic hands. Bought some Wolf claws and found it much easier but not totally comfortable. Recently bought pair of Alsing meat claws using the half off coupon that someone offered on the forum. Ca't remember who and can't find the post again. Initial feeling that they are more comfortable but cannot comment on any other aspect as I have not tried them on a butt yet. Bought the wolf claws and Alsings on Amazon.
I did a search for Alsing meat claws on Amazon.  All I got was this...Alsing  meat claws, with three of the top sellers. Seems there is no such thing as Alsing. Do you have any more details?...JJ

You're right, so I checked my Amazon order history. Were sold through Amazon by Clear Five Products, but now listed as Currently Unavailable. List was $9.99. With Coupon code were $6.99. I had that wrong. I will try to google them. If I find them I'll let you know.
Roy

I did a search for Alsing meat claws on Amazon.  All I got was this...Alsing meat claws, with three of the top sellers. Seems there is no such thing as Alsing. Do you have any more details?...JJ
I e-mailed company through Amazon. See if I get response.

Got a pleasant response from Amazon but did not get me in touch with seller. Googled Alsing Meat Claws and returned several hits, but nothing led me to the actual seller. Did find that same offer was made on some other Q sites to which I do not belong so unable to contact poster of the offer. Perhaps someone belonging to some of the other forum sites could shed some light. I think I've gone as far as I can go for now. BTW, actually used the Alsing Meat Claws a little while ago and like them very much. Will probably become my go to claws. I hope they become available again.
Roy

I have a pair but rarely use them for pulling meat. They are good for lifting big slabs of meat on and off the BBQ though.

Or you can get one of these. I bought one of these last year and makes small work out of pulling pork or beef

Hey !!! I made one of those! Yup I did...all by myself!  Works great!

Check it out!

Use it a little for chunkier pulled pork....or a lot for full fledged shredded pork!

SOB

Last edited:
Reactions: mdboatbum
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky