Pulled pork and more for daughters baby shower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
My daughter got it in her head that pops was a good choice to do food for her baby shower. Feeling quite honored I cooked like a maniac today. 5 butts with a sweet heat rub I cobbled together. As most of you know my cooking is 100% keto / low carb but for others I can go high test real sugars lol. A full pan of cowboy beans, 7 dozen poppers, homemade sauces ( 1 an adaption of TulsaJeff TulsaJeff and the other a Lexington dip spin off Chef Jimmy RIP). Last up was some blue cheese / green onion dip. Smoked the pork, poppers and beans in the Lang with cherry wood. The pork was just fall apart tender and juicy. I ran at 275F until wrapped then up to 300F. I love doing butts turbo style. I’ve been playing with learning to do vids so if you watch it thanks for indulging me :) Oh and Chef Jeff is just a local nickname that someone gave me that seems to have stuck so I’m rolling with it lol
D37EEA30-DACE-40B0-8791-74A95BC3750F.jpeg

My daughter got it in her head that pops was a good choice to do food for her baby shower. Feeling quite honored I cooked like a maniac today.
Heheee. I've seen this scenario many times....

Anyways... you did an outstanding job and you are a great Dad. On top of that, you know how to serve smoked shoulder. Pull-apart chunks and plugs eat very well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: jcam222
I don't have a problem if the admins change your handle to "Chef Jeff" I think it fits your skill and postings.
Thanks for the remembrance to Chef Jimmy. I miss his posts.
How big is this baby shower?
That is a lot of food.

Congrats Gramps (or what ever the local lingo for a Grand Father)!

Reactions: JLeonard
Everything looks very good!! Nice job " grandpa "!!! Congrats to your daughter on her new arrival!
Thanks! I think she’d like to have the baby tomorrow but has about 2 months to go
Heheee. I've seen this scenario many times....

Anyways... you did an outstanding job and you are a great Dad. On top of that, you know how to serve smoked shoulder. Pull-apart chunks and plugs eat very well. :emoji_thumbsup:
Thanks , I used to shred it all to fine shreds, I much prefer breaking it up by hand now and leaving nice chunky pieces.
Great work on the cook and video Jeff !
And congrats on the new addition!

Keith
Thanks Keith!
I don't have a problem if the admins change your handle to "Chef Jeff" I think it fits your skill and postings.
Thanks for the remembrance to Chef Jimmy. I miss his posts.
How big is this baby shower?
That is a lot of food.

Congrats Gramps (or what ever the local lingo for a Grand Father)!
Gramps will work haha

Reactions: 912smoker
Way to go Jeff that food looks fabulous.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
What a Herculean effort and an amazing array of food!! Gotta ask though, were there about 300 people at this baby shower?? :emoji_laughing: Seriously, that's a ton of food and a great gesture on your part.

As for the video, I really liked it. My only takeaway is the 13 or 17 seconds of blankness at the end. Outside of that, it was as well done as I've ever seen. Great job buddy!!

Robert

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
JLeonard JLeonard tx smoker tx smoker Cooking for 50 plus any who didn’t RSVP. Three butts, most the poppers and all the beans are for them. She was hopeful for leftovers lol. Cooked two extra butts , one for my brother and some of the retirees in his apartment complex who all watch football together in a community room on Sunday. The other for me , friends and neighbors. Robert I am still trying to figure out how to snip the end of the video sooner or later I’ll stumble on the right way haha.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky