Pulled Cabrito Tacos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pellethead13

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2014
Benton City, WA
Got some kid goat yesterday from my farmer buddy. Smoking the shoulder and some rib cuts to eventually pull and make tacos with.

Using a Vision Pro S grill with mesquite lump and some white oak chunks from an untreated wine barrel. Wine is stained on the wood, never seen this before but when in wine country (Red Mountain, WA) why not?

Smoking at 250 until IT is between 175 and 180, want the meat to pull easily. I will braise the ribs in a chile base after a few hours of smoke, then finish on the smoker. The shoulder will be wrapped in butcher paper mid cook.
Pic below is 2 hours on the shoulder, I put the ribs on at this point knowing they will finish faster than the shoulder. Stay tuned....

Attachments

• IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: motocrash
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky