Product Testers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got mine yesterday, I'm going to be Smoking 4 racks of Spare Ribs tomorrow...Going to be awesome...JJ

Got it yesterday

Ya know i have lots of applications and will show on each one.

TYVM Todd

Guess I'm a little late to get in on the testing , I was gonna do some cheese in my Tejas upright section.
frown.gif

Got mine too! thanks Todd.

I will have two briskets curing while i'm at the gathering . Pastrami to smoke when i get home  for a trial.

Good things come in small packages
icon_biggrin.gif

For a larger smoker, you may have to light both ends

I have a proofer that I'm converting to a smoker.  Lighting one end fills the box up with plenty of smoke for cold smoking, but I can see where more smoke is needed for hot smoking.

TJ

It is working well so far in the plywood smoker.

72c3b350_rsz_2012-04-07_13-46-09_514.jpg

3acaf385_rsz_2012-04-07_14-07-09_911.jpg

Ambient temp is 70.2* and smoker temp is 74.5* currently.

Last edited:
This Pitmaster Blend smells GREAT! I'm done with 100% Hickory. I have just enough Cherry and Maple to make a blend and use it up. Good Job Todd!...JJ

Update: The Pellets are burning quite fast. I am running solid at 230*. 2 rows burned in just under 4 hours. I reloaded another 2 rows it turned the corner at the 2 hour point and at 2 H 15Minutes the second row burst into flames in a closed MES. First time that ever happened. Drawer about 2" out and loader about 2" out. First 2 row burn, just a little fast but no flames...JJ  

Last edited:
Holy Crap !!!!!  Smoker has been going on the back porch for 2 hours, same place as always, and bride only says, "you smell like smoke".... She hasn't said, "when are you going to move the smoker".....   I think that is a very positive vote for the Pittmaster Blend..... Nice aroma... Waiting for the taste test..... turkey legs going now.... 

Bride just said, "That is the best smelling smoke that has ever come out of the smoker" ..... How can you beat that !!!!!!! 

Got some Pitmaster blend going right now smoking some burgers....what a great smelling blend!!! Can't wait for those burger to be done!!! They sure  started easier than the solid wood blends also.
icon14.gif

Beer.gif

My family had been complaining that my food was too smokey and did not want anything smoked until further notice. Most of the time I used Hickory Pellets because I like the flavor. In anticipation of a summer without BBQ I had recently contacted Todd for suggestions as to a direction to take. One week later I had the honor of explaining to my wife and children that I was commissioned to review a new wood blend and needed to smoke something as soon as possible and give my opinion. I told them that it is silly to just go through the trouble of smoking a single piece of meat just for me so, reluctantly, my oldest requested Ribs. With great anticipation I loaded my new AMNPS with Todd's Pitmaster's Choice Pellets and proceeded to smoke up 4 racks of Spare Ribs today. I used a 4-2-.75 procedure and right up front, they all commented on the Sweet smell of the smoke. For the first time I was allowed to leave the door leading to the area where the smoker is, open. After 7 hours of smoke wafting through the house and neighborhood the Ribs were ready. With nervous anticipation I watched as 5 girls took their first few bites of the perfectly tender meat. After a few minutes the first bones hit the plate, all members of my picky family were unanimous in proclaiming the Ribs smoked with the Pitmaster's Choice...The best ribs ever!... Even with the 4 hour application of smoke up front, the rib were mildly smokey with a gentle fruity sweet finish, no bitterness at all. A visiting friend and Rib fanatic enjoyed the flavor of the smoke so much that all she added was a light brushing of my Foiling Juice instead of the usual bath of sweet KC style sauce that she typically applies.  This wonderful combination of Hickory, Cherry and Maple is truly a winner and will very likely be the only flavor Pellets I will ever buy again. Thank You so much Todd and Kudos for another job well done! 

Last edited:
Yo Todd-

Ma Dutch just called me here at work and said that the Mailman just dropped off a package. She said that the Mailman insisted that she open 'right here, right now' cuz the contents of the box rattled when he shook it and was wondering if something in the box was broke. When he saw what was in the box he asked her "What's it for?", her reply was "Well, since there is wood pellets in here, my guess is it for one of the smokers". His next questions was "How does it work?" Since Ma didn't have an answer she told him "You'll have to ask him, they're his toys!"

When I explained to her how it works, she gave me the green light to stop at the grocery store and buy some ribeye steaks. Going to test it out tonight!!!
yahoo.gif

Oh yeah-I'll be posting up some grill-view later for y'all to enjoy!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Try smoking for an hour or so, and then sear on the grill

TJ

should be an interesting test....looking forward to seeing the results in different equipment.

Well, Ma got to the store before I did and picked up some bone-in New York steaks for us guys and a cross rib steak for her. Burned off the oil on the AMNPS then let it cool down, and filled 1 1/2 rows with the Pitmaster blend pellets.

Got the pellets going and set the steaks on the grill and let the meat take on some smoke for about 30 minutes and then fired uo the grill and grill the to about 155* internal temp. Sorry Todd, I didn't see your post until after dinner.

The steaks had a subtle smoke flavor and would have more smoky goodness if I had seen Todd's post before hand. :grilling_smilie:

AMNPS fired up-Just before firing up the grill, I got the other side going. Shoulda fired up both ends from the git-go.

Steaks on the grill taking on some smoke.

Done and ready for the plates. Sorry no money shots of my steak smothered in mushrooms along side a sweet 'tater-the battery on my phone died.
As for the steak in the upper right corner-one of my boys likes his well done with some 'char' on the side. I broke Ma Dutch of that habit, now I'm trying to convert the boy to "the redder, the better" way of thinking.

Last edited:
Todd, I was just rechecking the box and I didn't find a Product Review form.

Also, I noticed that one of the corners had been torn and then taped back up (probably by the Post Office) since the mailman had the Mrs. open the box to check for damaged contents.

Ditto

No form in he box.

I will be putting the AMZNPS and new blend through 3 different smokers when i get back from PA next week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky