Private Zoo Pics from The Bear Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Private Zoo Pics from The Bear Den

I got some new Pictures of our pets, so I figured you guys would enjoy these.

Various Deer are here nearly every day.
They like to Lay around, and they like to eat grass.
They also help clean up under my Bird Feeders, along with Squirrels, Coons, and anything else that comes by with an appetite for Oil Seeds.

Mrs Bear has a bit of a friendship with Freddie the Fox.
She makes sure there is always water in the bowl we have under the Hummingbird feeder that catches the catches the drips that leak from the feeder.
She also got a Free Bag of Dog food at Tractor Supply, and put a little in the back yard for Freddie.
Lately it seems he only shows up about once a week, during the day. (he's probably here every night after dark)

I had to laugh, a couple days ago Mrs Bear was sitting out on the Deck, and Freddie was in the yard, about 30’ from the deck, and they were having a Great time. Freddie was just sitting there looking at her, just like a dog would sit, and Mrs Bear was doing all the talking. She was telling him how pretty he was, and telling him he was such a good boy. So far Freddie hasn’t said anything to her, but I told her “If he gets much closer, or decides to come up on the deck, while she’s out there, that will be the time to get her Butt in the House. LOL—She said, “Yeah-Yeah-Yeah—I Know!!”

So below are some Deer pictures, and only One Picture of Freddie.
He was standing in our Pet Cemetery, visiting “Shadow” our 12 1/2 year old Black Lab, and “Bozo” our 17 year, 3 months old Cat.

Hope you all enjoy the Pics.

Bear

North Side, Out Back, Taken from my Dining Room Patio Door:
IMG_5955.jpeg

Same Deer, Zoomed in:
IMG_5956.jpeg

Out the East Side, taken from our Bedroom Window:
IMG_6033.jpeg

Same Deer, Zoomed in:
IMG_6034.jpeg

Resting:
IMG_6056.jpeg

South Side--Smokey's on look-out, watching the Deer:
IMG_6057.jpeg

South Side, Taken through the front windows, from my Recliner:
IMG_6125.jpeg

North Side, Off the back deck, taken from the Dining Room Patio Door:
IMG_6174.jpeg

Just missed it---She was drinking from the Birdbath:
IMG_6173.jpeg

Freddie The Fox visiting our Pet Cemetery. South Side, Taken from our Front windows:
IMG_5992.jpeg

Last edited:
Great pics . If a cow walks in the yard you'll have your burger mix on the hoof .
Fred's getting big . She should enjoy carefully .
Nice Blue bird house . 1 1/2 " hole no perch . You make that ?

These types of pics are some of my favorite posts of yours. I guess we live too close to a busy road. We have deer pass though or stop to eat apples from our tree, but we never see them just hang out relaxing in the yard...JJ

Love those pics, Tell Linda we said Hello

Gary

Cool pics bear

Thanks Jake!!

Bear

Great pics . If a cow walks in the yard you'll have your burger mix on the hoof .
Fred's getting big . She should enjoy carefully .
Nice Blue bird house . 1 1/2 " hole no perch . You make that ?

Thank You Rich!!
No I didn't make that one. It's actually made with the same stuff as my new Deck. Lasts forever!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
BTW ----- You forgot the Turkey Pics

Gary

I just put deer whistles on my truck. I'm not sure they work or not, but since I almost hit two the other day that jumped in front of my truck. I have to try something. I wish ours were as relaxed as yours Bear. Nice pics.

Point for sure
Chris

Cool pictures. Love that they are comfortable enough to just hang around and relax on their weekend. LOL. Thanks for sharing.

I just put deer whistles on my truck. I'm not sure they work or not, but since I almost hit two the other day that jumped in front of my truck. I have to try something. I wish ours were as relaxed as yours Bear. Nice pics.

Point for sure
Chris

They seem to work pretty well, Chris. But if you have wild horses in your area, they really put the run on them. Of course, they seem to want to run along side of the truck. :emoji_laughing::emoji_cry:
Gary

Reactions: gmc2003
Wow do I envy you!

Thank You Brian!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

These types of pics are some of my favorite posts of yours. I guess we live too close to a busy road. We have deer pass though or stop to eat apples from our tree, but we never see them just hang out relaxing in the yard...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
The last house we had, in Coopersburg, was even farther from the road.
The deer used to sleep half the night in my front yard. I could count the beds the next morning, by the Deer-sized matted down spots in my Grass. 26 Beds one night!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Great post, I love all the pics.

Had to sacrifice my yearly deer hunt this year so its nice to get to deer watch here.
If I have any luck I may get to do some free feral pig hunting. I just gotta get some freakin time. Ben spending every weekend this month working my tail off to get a rental property ready for rent again but soon I'll have a free hunting weekend! :D

Nice pics! Eventually I'll have a patch of land where I can see wildlife in my yard like that.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky