Pre 4th of July Baby Backs on the Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CoolbreezeBBQ

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 1, 2020
My first cook since my total hip replacement surgery on June 29th. Was itching to do something, so had 2 slabs of Baby Backs delivered from the market this morning. Got here just before noon. Fired up the Traeger with some Kingsford Hickory pellets, a water pan, and some apple chips in a perforated disposable meatloaf tin. Removed the membranes, rubbed with a little honey and some Killer Hogs THE BBQ RUB. Got meat on at 12:40. Humming along at 220-235
875C8672-8FB8-49AA-9498-32A0043CECDE.jpeg
D2326BB7-E2E2-44D0-9E25-F30FDD763B5A.jpeg
image.jpg

Thank you, I’ll post up some more pics and results. Nice to be back outside again. Beautiful day here in Michigan

Looking good . I have a slab of BB going on the SmokeFire in a few . Have a sirloin tip roast on now .
Good luck on the recovery . Sounds like you're all over it .
Knees took a turn for the worse about 3 weeks ago . I could use that walker .
Be watching . Thanks for posting BTW .

Thanks, got a ways to go, but they say hips are easier than knees, and I’m fairly young. Still limping around in a lot of pain. But light activity and walking are best rehab for hip replacement. Sorry about your knees, woukd love to see what you got going on in the smokefire.

Those are lookin' great . I don't normally do BB , looks like I might have to foil them for a bit . I won't eat them until tomorrow . The sirloin tip is for tonight .
You got some nice color on those .

Reactions: eaglewing
Those are lookin' great . I don't normally do BB , looks like I might have to foil them for a bit . I won't eat them until tomorrow . The sirloin tip is for tonight .
You got some nice color on those .
I don’t normally do BB either. They were out of St Louis cut when I ordered (4th of July) go figure. But wanted to do something, and that’s what was left. I’m doing 3-2-1 ribs tweaked to my observation on how the cook/meat is going.

You just need to watch that 3-2-1 method with BBs. Too much time in the foil yields FOTB if that is what your shooting for.

I should say , I've done my share of BB , but don't do them alot because I like spares better .
This slab was 10 bucks compared to 28 for a rack of spares .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky