Meaty Beef Back Ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flatrate

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 8, 2015
Michigan
Whats shaken everybody! So some time ago TNJAKE TNJAKE posted up some fine looking beef ribs and I was in awe. As I told Jake that I haven't had beef ribs in many years and that needed to change. I was going to do something about it last July 4th, but on June 25th I was storing some stuff in the attic of my garage and a board in the floor broke loose and I went thru it and messed up my right leg pretty bad. Just recently its getting back to somewhat normal. Anyways...

Was thinking I wanted to keep it simple I rolled my Yoder out of the garage and started getting it warmed up. I am currently limited with pellets on hand and used Lumber Jack Cherry.

tn_IMG_1240.JPG

While that was going on I started getting the rib prep going. Certified Piedmontese beef back ribs.

tn_IMG_1241.JPG

tn_IMG_1242.JPG

tn_IMG_1243.JPG

Rubbed them up with Plowboys Bovine Bold, first time using it.

tn_IMG_1244.JPG

tn_IMG_1245.JPG

Let them sit or a few, had the smoker humming at 250 and they went on. Here they are at the 2 hour mark.

tn_IMG_1247.JPG

And at the 4 hour mark.

tn_IMG_1249.JPG

And the 6 hour mark.

tn_IMG_1251.JPG

Total time was just shy of 7 hours and they were probe tender and temp was at 197, I called them done. I did pour some sauce on one rack about 20 minutes before pulling them, I like sauce.

tn_IMG_1254.JPG

tn_IMG_1255.JPG

When CP says meaty they ain't lying, very good, very tender, already planning on getting more. If I could have changed anything it would have been the rub. That stuff was way too salty for me, should have mixed up some off my own or just used Killer Hogs BBQ Rub. But we don't know unless we try things, right?

Overall very pleased, thanks for taking a look!

Dave

That's the problem I have with most commercially available rubs. Too much salt or too much sugar, but the ribs look good...
Thanks GS!

For some years now I made my own rub, but last year I wanted to try some of the popular stuff I was seeing on YouTube. In my trials I will say that Killer Hogs BBQ rub is about as legit as can be. The couple I got from Meat Church had a nice balance as well. Also some of the Cattlemans I've tried have been good.

I am going to use it up and go back to my own.

First off Dave , your smoker is very clean and shiny. And that is a good thing :emoji_sunglasses:

Ribs look great, baked potato and slaw. Good meal.

I also have used some rubs , that the salt has almost ruined the cook ( almost ) sometimes I will just power through it . lol

David

Reactions: Flatrate
First off Dave , your smoker is very clean and shiny. And that is a good thing :emoji_sunglasses:

Ribs look great, baked potato and slaw. Good meal.

I also have used some rubs , that the salt has almost ruined the cook ( almost ) sometimes I will just power through it . lol

David
Thanks David for the compliments!

I've had my Yoder for about 2 years now and when not in use it is in my garage with a cover on, I try to really take care of it, but I try with all my cookers.

Dave

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Those are some fine looking ribs. The CPB products definitely differ greatly from grocery store stuff. That has been my exclusive beef product for several years now and it'd be painful if I ever had to go back to buying commercial products from the store. Great job on those!!
I had a rack of those a while back & they were incredible!
If you're referencing the ones I sent, they were from a 103 sub primal rib section as opposed to back ribs. A great rack of ribs but different....and I still have the visual of the juices running down your chin :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Fantastic looking ribs!
You can’t beat that CP beef.
I had a rack of those a while back & they were incredible!
Al
Thanks for stopping by Al, and the kind words.

I totally agree CP beef is really great indeed. I did the CP Bone in Chuck Short ribs right before my injury. They were something special too. I plan on getting another round of ribs from them soon.

Dave

Those are some fine looking ribs. The CPB products definitely differ greatly from grocery store stuff. That has been my exclusive beef product for several years now and it'd be painful if I ever had to go back to buying commercial products from the store. Great job on those!!

If you're referencing the ones I sent, they were from a 103 sub primal rib section as opposed to back ribs. A great rack of ribs but different....and I still have the visual of the juices running down your chin :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thank you Sir! Honestly I found out about them for the first time from you and Jake. Its a tad pricy, but the quality is totally worth it.

Dave

Thank you Sir! Honestly I found out about them for the first time from you and Jake. Its a tad pricy, but the quality is totally worth it.
You are more than welcome. Much deserved praise. If you decide to place another order, shoot me a PM. I have a discount code that will get you 25% off. That can make a huge difference at checkout.

Robert

• Love
You are more than welcome. Much deserved praise. If you decide to place another order, shoot me a PM. I have a discount code that will get you 25% off. That can make a huge difference at checkout.

Robert
Wow thank you so much and I certainly will.

Dave.

awesome looking ribs, look so good!! i love sauce also! thanks for sharing these!
Thanks tbern!

I know it varies on the person or the location but I use BBQ sauce 90% of the time on anything smoked. The sauce I used for this was Kosmo's Q Competition BBQ. Very good for a bottled sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky