• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Prague Powder Solution

Gecko10

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 8, 2020
For a wet cure, how much prague powder should be added to a gallon of water? I can easily find the ratio of powder to meat, ( 1t/5lb of meat) , but I need to know how much per gallon of water.

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 25, 2020
Typically 3oz (weight) prague #1 per US gallon of water gets the nitrite at the appropriate ppm for a brine.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
That's for a 10% pump, not a brine cure...

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
I use i oz. per gallon of water. About a heaping tablespoon. (A level tablespoon equals .88 oz., a heaping tablespoon is approximately 1 oz. Maximum allowed os 3.84 oz, per 1 gallon of water. I recently tested my latest curing brine of 1 oz,. of curing salt to 1 gallon of water plus ½ cup of Stevia artificial sweetener in a boneless pork loin. injected and cured for 14 days. - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/clear-pickle-ultra-lo-salt-canadian-bacon.295780/ and it cured all the way through with little salt flavor!

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
29 g = 1.02294 oz.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.