Prague Powder Solution

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gecko10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
For a wet cure, how much prague powder should be added to a gallon of water? I can easily find the ratio of powder to meat, ( 1t/5lb of meat) , but I need to know how much per gallon of water.

I use i oz. per gallon of water. About a heaping tablespoon. (A level tablespoon equals .88 oz., a heaping tablespoon is approximately 1 oz. Maximum allowed os 3.84 oz, per 1 gallon of water. I recently tested my latest curing brine of 1 oz,. of curing salt to 1 gallon of water plus ½ cup of Stevia artificial sweetener in a boneless pork loin. injected and cured for 14 days. - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/clear-pickle-ultra-lo-salt-canadian-bacon.295780/ and it cured all the way through with little salt flavor!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky