Port-infused cheddar @ 5 months

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
This is another one that has gone into the regular rotation. Right at five months age.

1715691478812.png

Beautiful cheese!!!
Man that is gorgeous!
Amazing Loyd!
A master piece from a Master Artisan Cheesemaker!
Wow that's amazing!
Boy would I go for some of that!
Man, there are some very talented people on this forum. Well done.
Wow! That looks so good!
I'm not worthy comes to mind .
That's amazing .
WOW! That looks beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
There is no words to describe that other than Beautiful,.

Thanks y'all!

Beautiful.
Dues the infusion step make the curds any harder to press/knit?
Thanks! Absolutely. I increased the pressing weight over the first time I made it, and there were still some knitting problems on the edges. Next time I'll do the initial heavy presses in a 90 degree environment and see if that helps.

I think I need to develop a way to keep the pressing environment warm. I really want to explore more natural rinds, but everytime I attempt it, I have to much cracking. Addressing humidity helped, but I still have issues during drying.

I shoot for 83%-88% in my chamber. The problem is that if you don't notice your humidifier is out of water for more than 24 hours some cracks may appear. At that point, I pretty much have to seal.

Reactions: indaswamp
Love the pattern. That looks so cool

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: LoydB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky