Pork Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Today most of the family had prior commitments so I was cooking for just the wife and I. I had a 1 lb. pork tenderloin in the freezer that I took out and decided to grill for us. Seasoned very simply with coarse salt and fresh ground black pepper...
thumbnail (2).jpg

I got some lump rolling on one of my Weber kettles and on it went for a fairly quick cook...
thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (6).jpg

Pulled it at about 140℉ internal temperature for a rest...
thumbnail (7).jpg

But this wasn't going to be just a plain grilled pork tenderloin, no sir. I decided to make a red wine sauce with shallots and garlic..
thumbnail (10).jpg

The shallots were sauted in EVOO on fairly high heat stirring almost constantly to prevent them from burning. Cooked until slightly browned and added the garlic clove...
thumbnail.jpg

Added 4-5 TBSP of balsamic vinegar and reduced to a syrup. Added about 2 cups of a good red wine and reduced to about 1/3 of the original volume stirring frequently...
thumbnail (1).jpg

Added about 2 cups of unsalted beef broth and reduced again to about 1/3 of that volume. Removed the garlic and whisked in a couple of tablespoons of unsalted butter. Adjust salt & pepper as needed and sauce is ready.
thumbnail (5).jpg

Meanwhile, I've got some fresh cabbage sliced into ribbons sautéing in EVOO and a little bacon grease. When it gets browned but not crispy, I add about 2 TBSP of apple cider vinegar and seasoned to taste...
thumbnail (3).jpg

Slice the tenderloin and...
thumbnail (8).jpg

...made a simple salad of Romaine lettuce, fresh tomatoes, carrots, diced red onion, black olives, and toasted walnuts. I like bleu cheese and the wife likes raspberry vinaigrette...
20210806_180452.jpg

Couple of the tenderloin medallions with some red wine sauce, sauted cabbage, and salad. It's time to eat...
thumbnail (9).jpg

This was all really simple to make and I'd do it the same way again.

Last edited:
Nice job. Last year, the local stores had Pork Tender 2 packs, BOGO, every other week. Last several months, no sales and often out of stock. Dont know why.
Pork Tender Diane is everybodies favorite preparation here...JJ

Nice job. Last year, the local stores had Pork Tender 2 packs, BOGO, every other week. Last several months, no sales and often out of stock. Dont know why.
Pork Tender Diane is everybodies favorite preparation here...JJ
I didn't see it early enough, but Food Lion, a mostly southeastern grocery store chain, had them last week for $1.99/lb. for single packs. That's a heck of a deal.

Man thats a good looking plate. We like tenderloins for a quick meal. Try to stock up on them when they run on sale.

Jim

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky