Pork Steak Anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
These are full length pork steaks.... all the major muscles came to the party, even the narrow strip under the false cap.
H8gOqq1.jpg

I started these on the kettle, I'm still getting used to the water reservoir.

uFWTUQ6.jpg

t98319N.jpg

After a couple of hours I moved over the Egg for the raised direct finish and crisp up.

ML7VTtN.jpg

hLMTb2q.jpg

Those look delicious. What are they sharing a plate with?
Sheet pan carrots and zucchini and some foil cup potatoes, kind of like scalloped potatoes but cooked in individual cups instead of baking pan. I had leftovers with eggs for breakfast.

They look great! I’m a huge fan of pork steaks. When I was younger they were so much cheaper than most things I could grill I ate them often.

Got some beautiful color on them, they look really good!

Ryan

I love pork steaks! Like them any way they are cooked but my favorite is fried. I do like them smoked in a smoker or in a charcoal grill with a little bit of hickory and apple chips for some added flavor.
Those look great!

I love pork steaks! Like them any way they are cooked but my favorite is fried. I do like them smoked in a smoker or in a charcoal grill with a little bit of hickory and apple chips for some added flavor.
Those look great!
I haven't done this in years but using Shake and Bake is a different twist. They have to be on the thin side so they tender up when the breading is done.

I haven't done this in years but using Shake and Bake is a different twist. They have to be on the thin side so they tender up when the breading is done.
Funny you should mention that. It's a guilty secret of mine that we actually like Shake & Bake for chops as an easy meal now and then.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky