Pork shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masssmoke

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Decided to do a pork shoulder yesterday. Didn't take a lot of pictures, but it came out pretty well.
I put it on my pellet smoker, it was 8 pounds, took 12 hours with the first hour on the smoke setting and the rest at 250.

Unlike in the past, I didn't wrap or do much of anything, just rubbed it up and put it on.

IMG_2296.jpg

Looks good! I could sure play a magician with a chunk of that!

Ryan

Looks great. One of my favorite things to smoke a lot of and freeze for future meals. Tastes just as good as the day it was smoked

Reactions: jcam222
Nice pork
I usually do my butts in the pooper, but I've changed my ways over the years.
I get the pooper stabilized at 250-275° and put the butt on the rack and use a smoke tube for a few hours. Pork in a pan and take it to stall in the pooper. Foil wrap and move to the oven at 300°. By then enough smoke for me and wrapped, why waste the pellets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky