Pork shoulder and brisket together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scandall

Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Eastern Washington
Good afternoon to you all, I haven't posted ever and thought this would yield some results.
I received a "z" grill and smoked a pork butt on it. Came out great. Now I'm looking for answers about smoking a pork shoulder and brisket at the same time. Lots of company coming so I don't have time to do one and then the other using different woods. I've got my meats; a 7 lb. brisket point and a 7 lb B/I shoulder. Can this be done successfully? Your comments are greatly appreciated! Thank you, Scandall!

Attachments

• 20211224_143819.jpg
    20211224_143819.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211224_143828.jpg
    20211224_143828.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211224_143830.jpg
    20211224_143830.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 19
If they both fit on the grill, they can be successfully cooked together. Would be the same target IT, I assume? Just will have to rotate the meat on the grill as the cook progresses for hot spots. Otherwise go after it and git it done. What temp you running?

Reactions: scandall
What SmokinEdge said, as long as they both fit, I don't see any reason why you can't cook them both at the same time.

Reactions: scandall
If they both fit on the grill, they can be successfully cooked together. Would be the same target IT, I assume? Just will have to rotate the meat on the grill as the cook progresses for hot spots. Otherwise go after it and git it done. What temp you running?
Thanks, I went to 225 but averaged around 215. They are looking great so far!

Sounds like solid advice from the others. But, my question is.....Where and when do we eat? :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing: Welcome to the forums from Mississippi!
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
Welcome from Iowa! And yes we love seeing pics! Curious as well how it turned out for you.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky