Pork Shots (Spicy Pork Caramel Candy (The Ultimate Panty Dropper))

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solaryellow

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 26, 2009
Orlando, FL
You heard me. This is so good it will drop even your momma's panties. I am calling it Spicy Pork Caramel Candy and suckaass from thesmokering.com deserves the majority of the credit.

I started off by taking some smoked sausage and cutting 1/2" slices. I then wrapped those in bacon to form a little cup. From there I mixed my homemade chipotle powder with brown sugar and filled the "pork cups". It then went on to the smoker for 2 hours of awesome transformation.

The sausage wrapped in bacon with a bowl of brown sugar with chipotle on top ready to be mixed in. Since this was our dinner tonight I hedged my bet and didn't cut up all the sausage in case this ended badly.

6001d81a_0422111818.jpg

My cups runneth over.

01e2ce96_0422111830.jpg

On the UDS:

b1e80819_0422111834.jpg

The final product:

e0cb98d5_0422112022a.jpg

This is seriously the best thing I have ever made. Even crack addicts would pick this stuff over crack.

Last edited:
Holy Guacamole!!!!

Awesome....sweet smokey porkness..

I can see some of Boyjkos secret kielbasa heading to the WSM...

Craig

Last edited:
Bacon, brown sugar, chipotle, sausage...you could also consider calling them crack cakes. I think that I might try some tomorrow night, but I'll just make enough for dessert.

I am thinking about soaking some water chestnut halves in soy sauce and burying those in the brown sugar next time. Kind of a sausage rumaki with a spicy kick if you will.

Last edited:
I have a crack problem........... It follows me where ever I go.................

Nice grub..............

Did my third iteration of these tonight. I tweaked the recipe some more and I don't see how it can get any better. Since the first batch I have added paprika, granulated garlic and onion powder and the blend of flavors is fantastic.

Reactions: desertlites
What u will try to get my panties off Joel! (Grin) gonna be with the UDS and in AZ. This coming WE. And quill have to woo up a batch to go with everything I gonna be smokin. OH next time just a few Odouls will work for u my frriend.

What u will try to get my panties off Joel! (Grin) gonna be with the UDS and in AZ. This coming WE. And quill have to woo up a batch to go with everything I gonna be smokin. OH next time just a few Odouls will work for u my frriend.

I am trying so hard right now not to make a comment that is gonna get me in trouble Bob.
biggrin.gif

Give it a try. I think you will be impressed my friend.
beercheer.gif
<= O'Douls

I just now found this thread again and couldn't remember what they were called so I was calling them pork cups but I ended up making these for a party I threw a couple of weeks ago and I have to say this may be one of my new favorite appetizers. Thanks again for sharing this creation.
points.gif

icon_cool.gif

Now those things look awesome there Joel. I just might have to try them on the wife one day.

Those look great!  are you doing as sprinkle of this and that or have you worked out a specific recipe for this?

So Joel what is the final formulation with the garlic and onion powder or is it just a dash and a sprinkle - Dont know how I missed these before

I am currently using the following:

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

2 tsp homemade chipotle powder

2 tsp paprika

1 1/2 tsp granulated garlic

1 1/2 tsp onion powder.

Mix the ingredients well and then fill each "cup" with between 1 - 1 1/2 tsp of the ingredients. Smoke until the bacon is crispy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky