Pork Ribs - Favorite Temperature for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

What is your favorite temperature for smoking PORK RIBS?

• 190 dF or less - specify in comments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200 dF

• 210 dF

• 220 dF

• 230 dF

• 240 dF

• 250 dF or more - specify in comments

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

banjo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
Alpharetta, GA
I'll be smoking some PORK RIBS (from Costco) this week, and I've never done them on my Pit-Boss 820D before.

So I thought I would post this poll:

Look up Al’s recipe....it’s on this site if you search. Off the top of my head, he suggests cooking them to 195. I have used his idea, it’s been too long since I’ve done ribs, and they come out great!

I like 225 on my Austin but all temps will work ,more smoke at the lower temps so that's some thing to think about/experiment. that's the stage i'm at now and will try some more cooler cooks

I'm a big fan of hot and fast for brisket & pork butt, but for ribs I like 225.
I would not smoke them at a lower temp than 225.
It's a relatively short smoke & it gives the ribs time to break down all the connective tissue & fat.
If you use a higher temp., I don't think they are as good.
But that is just my opinion, I'm sure others will chime in.
Al

Reactions: banjo
On my Pitboss I smoke my baby backs for 2 hours at 180 degrees. Then I bump it up to 225 until the ribs are done. This leaves a killer smoke ring and a great smoke taste.

I use B&B Oak pellets. These are 100% oak pellets.

I go 225F so they get enough smoke on them before done :)

I have a perception I have gathered based on completely un-scientific observations. This is: The BEST cook temp is relative to the AIR FLOW in the cooker. The basis is that my ribs will cook differently at the same temperature cooked on 3 different smokers.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky