Pork-N-Krout

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
My wife being of German, PA decent has always done pork-n-krout for new years. She has to work today but gave me the recipe to git it going.

Hope i did it right.

Poke with caraway,mustard seed & bp.

Next cover with some apple sauce.

Top with krout, juice and a bit more dry.

Yes brown sugar and some melted butter. Cover and low for 8 hours or so. Doing this outside so the 5th wheel done get stinky.

Got smashed taters for later.

Looks good!!! I got mine going too, minus the apple sauce, I'll have to try that next time. I've used slice apples, but the wife won't let me use any because they're for her lunches during the week.

That is a good looking pot full. Made and ate a bunch living in the Lancaster, PA Dutch area....Will be getting mine on shortly. Polish style is more savory. Flavored with onion, garlic and bayleaf, no sugar or apple. Served with potato dumplings...JJ

Mine's going on soon also. Other loin is getting stuffed w/garlic cloves, balsamic, evoo and Italian seasoning. And of course pan fried pork chops. Wives families from Scranton, for some reason gotta have pork three ways. I guess extra luck? Happy New Year to all.

Mine's going on soon also. Other loin is getting stuffed w/garlic cloves, balsamic, evoo and Italian seasoning. And of course pan fried pork chops. Wives families from Scranton, for some reason gotta have pork three ways. I guess extra luck? Happy New Year to all.
Yeah i hear ya.

My wife is Amish...Lol

Grew up in Lancaster County. Lititz. After moving from Calif we bought a house in Ephrata and lived for 17 years, after the kids left we had a house built in Lehighton. Still have it, wish my buddy renting it would just buy it. I dont want to go no further North than Savannah these days.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky