Pork Loin with Browned Sauerkraut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
I put this here because it isn't smoked feel free to move it TIA
I do not have all the pics so I will show what I have
The key to making the brown sauerkraut is Gravy Master
I use approximately 1 Tablespoon for a small can of Kraut
100_6474.JPG
You can use Kitchen Bouquet if you don't have GM
Kitchen-Bouquet.jpeg
No pics of tying the roast but here he is
100_7846.JPG
The fat rendering into the Kraut just makes magic happen in my mouth
100_7851.JPG
All ready for the party
100_7852.JPG
I have used Fresh or Smoked Kielbasi,Pork Chops
Pork Crown Roast
100_6096.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

Looks really good Richie, I will have to add this to my every growing todo list. What's the Gravy Master taste like?

Point for sure.
Chris

Looks really good Richie, I will have to add this to my every growing todo list. What's the Gravy Master taste like?

Point for sure.
Chris

Chris I Have never tried it other then in the Kraut I think it just adds color and helps to thicken gravy.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
Richie

Looks fantastic Richie!
I bet it is delicious!
Al

Al Thanks it is very tasty,I have used the GM when making a Pot Roast with browned taters.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Wow Richie! You got my juices going on this one! Gravy Master eh? Mom and Grandma just used a bit of brown sugar on the kraut that made it brown. Sweet too of course. Ill have to look for the Gravy Master. Cant say I've seen it around here before but I have seen the Bouquet.

Wow Richie! You got my juices going on this one! Gravy Master eh? Mom and Grandma just used a bit of brown sugar on the kraut that made it brown. Sweet too of course. Ill have to look for the Gravy Master. Cant say I've seen it around here before but I have seen the Bouquet.

Erik Thanks Bouquet will do the same thing.I think my Mom used the brown sugar once,even she didn't like it LOL Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

LIKE. Looks alot like my family's brown kraut and the recipe goes back a looong time. In a nutshell: chop and brown some bacon, add a diced onion and tsp minced garlic, cup or so beef base and yep some brown sugar to taste to drained kraut.

LIKE. Looks alot like my family's brown kraut and the recipe goes back a looong time. In a nutshell: chop and brown some bacon, add a diced onion and tsp minced garlic, cup or so beef base and yep some brown sugar to taste to drained kraut.

So simple a meal that we always enjoyed,that sounds good to me thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Mighty Tasty, my Brother!!
Not Bad for an Old Soldier!!
Like.

Bear

This old one is feeling his age at times.Brother John this is a fantastic tasting dish.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

Great looking dish Richie, I like the browned kraut idea, going to show this one to the wife. Just can't go wrong with pork and kraut!!! Big like for me.....

Great looking dish Richie, I like the browned kraut idea, going to show this one to the wife. Just can't go wrong with pork and kraut!!! Big like for me.....

Charlie Thanks going to do your Hocks & Kraut tomorrow with the home made Kraut. This is will be my first try at making Kraut.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Charlie looks like plans are changing,my smallest slow cooker is 10 quarts LOL
I will see what my daughter has an borrow it,bean soup for today.
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky