Pork chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CharlotteLovesFood

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 30, 2018
England
Decided to try grilling a couple pork chops earlier hot and fast...

IMG_20180515_194944.jpg

Rubbed with Olive oil, Salt, Pepper, Paprika & Thyme.
20180515_194826.png

Went on direct. Over a hot heat few mins each side pulled at 140°F rested to 145°F
20180515_194803.png
Fried Potatoes, Peppers with Olive oil, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Cumin seeds, Coriander + Chilli flakes.
20180515_194738.png

First time for cooking pork chops on the BBQ but I will never cook them in the oven again. They tasted lovely! Do I even need a cooker anymore...well maybe for winter stews and casseroles haha.

P.s next time I will top them with grated apple and cheese and maybe serve with mashed potatoes and leeks. For now here's earliers...
20180515_194710.png

Thanks for reading
Charlotte :D

Looking great.

Wait till you start grilling the veggies like asparagus or eggplant or zucchini or radicchio. Grilled pizza is a serious favorite around my house. My stove doesn't get a whole lot of use in the warmer months.
Haha you've already read my mind. I've been thinking about pizza... especially when I had leftover pulled pork the other day. I did grill a bunch of asparagus but it was on my propane side with cast iron but it still tasted much better than usual :p

I like to blanch my veggies, cool them in some cold water and after draining them toss with some olive oil and get a nice char on the grill. Getting hungry now. Look forward to see what you do next. Love your enthusiasm!

Reactions: CharlotteLovesFood
I like to blanch my veggies, cool them in some cold water and after draining them toss with some olive oil and get a nice char on the grill. Getting hungry now. Look forward to see what you do next. Love your enthusiasm!
Thanks for the tips Oddegan! Can't wait to try some veggies now... I'm drooling just thinking about them. Haha yes I've got the bbq bug now :D

Reactions: LuvsBBQ and oddegan
Looks fantastic to me, Charlotte!
Beautifully plated! Well done! :)

In fact, Pork chops are on the menu here tonight.
Small world! LOL!
But ours will be cut up, fried with mushrooms, brown onions, and served with some elbow macaroni.
Don't ask me. I just had a craving for Pork chops and got some out of the freezer this morning.
The wife asked if she could fix them a new way.
(I was going to grill them, but heck yeah, I'll bow out...)

Charlotte, those chops look amazing. A whole lot better then the shake-n-bake chops we did a week or so ago. I was just to lazy to fire up the grill. Great seasoning combo also.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky