Pork Butt Temp Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawn_woerlein

Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Hey gang. I know this has been tossed around before, but had a unique problem this morning and need some opinions.

Had my smoker rolling at 240F at 7:00AM. Threw in the injected/rubbed butt. Apple Juice, sugar and salt injection.

Wind literally picked up to 40 MPH for a good hour and a half, and it took nearly 2 hrs to get the smoker back up to 225F, hovered around 170F and slowly climbed.

Going on 4 hrs in the smoker now and the internal temp according to my wireless probe is 136F.

Should I be OK with the 2 hr stall? I realize it is not 140 internal, but I am almost positive that outside .5 likely hit very early on. Never had a big stall like that. Had no way to block wind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky