Pops brined chicken breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagar

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 4, 2016
Billings, MT
Anyone use Pops wet brine for chicken breasts? Have you doctored up the brine with spices, bourbon, Maple syurp? Cooking 24 breast s this weekend looking to try some new things. Let me know what you have done. Thanks

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

YEP!  Regularly.

The bride likes to have cooked, vac packed and frozen breasts in the freezer for when I'm out of town, so I do a few buckets of them a year.

I like to take FRESH basil, rosemary, and oregano smash them up really good and add them to the bucket along with the brine/cure.  Start them on a monday, grill/smoke on Saturday.

Very flavorful and the moisture retention is very good as well.

YEP!  Regularly.

The bride likes to have cooked, vac packed and frozen breasts in the freezer for when I'm out of town, so I do a few buckets of them a year.

I like to take FRESH basil, rosemary, and oregano smash them up really good and add them to the bucket along with the brine/cure.  Start them on a monday, grill/smoke on Saturday.

Very flavorful and the moisture retention is very good as well.

I was figuring on just a day or two in the brine. Will that be enough time?

I was figuring on just a day or two in the brine. Will that be enough time?

That should be fine as long as you aren't overloading the bucket with chicken and not using enough of the brine.  I do a solid 5-6 days due to time.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky