White Chicken Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
I made some chili on July 4 using the Carol Shelby kit and chopsaw chopsaw suggest I try their white chicken chili kit.

Today was the day. I started with the kit plus kick'n chicken and Better that Bouillon since I didn't have any chicken broth.

2023_white_chicken_chili_001.jpg

The chicken was first. 2 Lb breast with the Kick'n Chicken.

2023_white_chicken_chili_003.jpg

While I was chopping that up I put in the veg with some oil. Sauted it then added water and the Better than bouillon.

I let it simmer for a while then added in the chicken and the White Chicken Chili kit.

2023_white_chicken_chili_004.jpg

It came out great. Thank you Rich for the suggestion.

2023_white_chicken_chili_005.jpg

Looks good . It's a great way to use up leftover chicken and turkey .
I have a mix from spice island I'm gonna try , and probably grab some of the Shelby next time through the store .

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
I think this one slipped under the radar with all the cooks going on this week.

I just had another bowl of it and the taste is so good. Even reheated.

I will make this again and again. Adding freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese and crumbled Tostito chips on top makes it a perfect meal.

Reactions: chopsaw
It gets better and better . I've thickened it up with some Masa harina and stuffed it in a flour tortilla .
I've also thought about using chunks of ham in place of the chicken and adding extra beans . I'll be making some soon .

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky