POLL: How do you make your ABTs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How do you make your ABTs?

• cored out, in a rack or holder, no bacon...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • cored out, in a rack or holder, bacon on top... I like bacon.

• boat shape, bacon laid over top...gotta have SOME bacon, right?

• boat shape, bacon wrapped... LOVE lotsa bacon!

• boat shaped, at LEAST a whole slice of bacon, weaved or braided

• boat shaped, as much stuff as I can pile on, and bacon wrapped...

• either whole or halved, wrapped in something like meat.

• whichever takes the least amount of time.

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I start with fresh Jalapeño peppers from my garden (store bought peppers work just fine as well). Cut the tops off at the stem end and use a potato peeler to core out the seeds and membrane. Put a small slit in the tip of the pepper for a vent to aid in filling. Fill a freezer baggie with refried beans and chopped onions, cut the corner of the baggie to form a piping bag and pipe the bean mixture into the peppers about half way. Insert a cheddar cheese stick that's cut to the right size and drape a half strip of uncooked bacon over the top and secure with a toothpick. The toothpick keeps the peppers from falling through the cooking rack. I picked up the cooking rack online BTW. Sprinkle with black pepper or your favorite rib rub and cook indirectly in a foil pan until the bacon has crisped and cheese has melted. Other options could include an Italian theme with spaghetti sauce, cooked sausage, onion, garlic and mozzarella. Hey, the sky's the limit.

ABT-1.jpg

All I can add is.....Bacon....Bacon....Bacon... I smell BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ABT's

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky