Polish Sausage from Sausage Maker kit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Finally got the time to try this out today. Kit comes with hog casings, spices, soy protein, instacure #1, and liquid smoke. It can be cooked in the oven, which is good, as my big smoker is out of commission right now.

Ground 25 lbs of pork. That's a lot of pork! Even cutting it up into cubes tired me out. Used 21-1/2 lbs of pork butt, and 3-1/2 lbs of loin.
20180526_135435.jpg

20180526_161441.jpg

Added the extras, and stuffed. Had a few blowouts with the Sausage Maker hog casings, & didn't have enough to finish, so had to open another package I bought from Butcher & Packer. No blowouts on those.
20180526_220034.jpg

In the oven at 170°, per instructions. Should be ready by the time I get up tomorrow.
20180526_224430.jpg

Reactions: Steve H
What seasoning was in the kit ? I use the Polska Kielbasa , and really like it . Looks good . Waiting for the results .

This is the kit I used.
20180527_165437.jpg

The instructions on the side of the box could have been a little better. It said to place them in the oven, which I did, but I put them on sheet pans. When they hit the desired temp, 152° IT, I pulled them and only the top halves had color. Oh well, they still taste fine. In retrospect, I guess they should have gone straight on the racks with some foil on the bottom to catch drips.
Vac'd up.
20180527_163140.jpg

Reactions: crazymoon
Thanks for the reply . I asked , because I know they have more than 1 Polish sausage seasoning . Surprised the directions for smoked went in the oven . I do alot of sausage maker stuff , and seems the directions for some are generic . I think they look great . I run most of mine in the smoker , but also do some fresh ( with cure ) for grilling . Makes a great sausage . You have some good eats there ,,,, nice job .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky