Stick a Fork In Me...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Already got the wheels spinning...
I was looking for some Italian tonight , but I was out . Found a pack of Andouille from a sausage maker pre mix , so I made that to go with some garlic pasta .
Supper over and all cleaned up , my Daughter says " I love that sausage " Lol .

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I was looking for some Italian tonight , but I was out . Found a pack of Andouille from a sausage maker pre mix , so I made that to go with some garlic pasta .
Supper over and all cleaned up , my Daughter says " I love that sausage " Lol .
That's funny in that we had spaghetti for supper tonight and I used some spicy Italian that I made last week, but didn't post about. It was a touch too spicy for the kids, but the adults in the zoo loved it. I used this recipe, 1305g ground meat, and added 2% cayenne, or 26.1g. Next time I'll reduce that to 1%...

Reactions: chopsaw
but they are natural hog casings by Oversea Casing. Salt packed and I've had them soaking for a couple of weeks, changing the water at least every other day. To this greenhorn, they were aggravating to get on the tube, but I managed.
One more question, how do you guys get those nice, even links of fresh sausage?
Very familiar with Oversea brand and they need a lot of preparation. The tissue strings on outside of the casing is called whiskers and they really mess up a stuffing. Message me and I'll help you through the easy preparation of casings.
It wasn't too bad...đŸ˜‚ Now if I can get my wife's bread making skills up to par with yours...đŸ˜‰
I'm the bread baker in our house. If I want it done right ... Don't ever repeat that to the other half.
Finally found the recipe my wife likes.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky