Pineapple Cake ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
I have got to tell you this one brings back memories. Mom could do anything, but the chocolate cookie sheet cake was what the crowds always asked for, so of course it was the families least favorite due to the volumn of them made. At home though, it was this pineapple cake. Maybe because it was easy? Maybe because it was so damn moist? Could be because the pineapple flovor was so pronounced, or maybe because pineapple was Pop's favorite ever since he first had them at Pearl during WWII for the first time.

Its a pudding cake so its ever so moist, plus the topping adds to that also. It makes a standard 9x13 casserole cake, but also stacks up real nice as a three layer as you'll see.

My only deviation for the recipe, I add about 3 tbsp. of flour to the cake because they don't make 18 oz cake mixes anymore AND I like french vanilla pudding mix better than just plain vanilla.

So here is the cake, using 3 @ 8" cake pans.

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1916.JPG

Sorry about the pictures camera is old and my old eye get blury. LOL I don't know what I am going to do when I get old as Bear......

Incase you'd like to try it, (again its really easy peasy), Below is the recipe. The only way you'll understand how good it is, is to try try it for yourself. Oh you can trim it with marishino cherries but it only slows you down from getting to another bite! LOL

Hope you try it, hope you like it.

So moist, so much pineapple flavor

Ingredients:
1 (18-ounce) packagepineapple cake mix
1 packageJello instant vanilla pudding (or Pineapple)
3/4 cupcrisco oil
4eggs
2egg yolk
1 (10-ounce) bottleginger ale
1 1/2 cupsgranluated sugar
3 tablespoonscornstarch
1 stickbutter
1 (20-ounce) canundrained crushed pineapple
3 8 inchescake pans
Directions:

Add cakemix, pudding mix, oil, 4 whole eggs, and 7-Up, mix med. for 2 mins.
(Over)

Pour into floured cake pans, bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 mins.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, 2 yolks, butter, and pineapple in sauce pan.
Cook over med. until thick. Cool.
Spread between layers and on top and sides cake. I generally only add the topping between the layers on this cake. Its about good not trying to make Betty Crockers webpage.

The reason for the strange hole in the directions below "over", is my cookbook is printable to index cards also! You can only get so much on one side of a 3 x 5 card. You think that doesn't cause a lot of thought upon entry... LOL ! I don't worry about that anymore.

My gosh, that's a lot of cake!
One of our favorites is Pineapple upside down cake in a C.I. pan.
I think I'll try this out using just one layer. It's just two of us LOL!
Thanks for the recipe!

My gosh, that's a lot of cake!
One of our favorites is Pineapple upside down cake in a C.I. pan.
I think I'll try this out using just one layer. It's just two of us LOL!
Thanks for the recipe!

It'll make a beliver out of ya.
I may have mistaken on the pan size, its the size all the little old church ladies use at a covered dish supper. I believe it maybe a 13 x 10? You know the one with the plastic cover with the freezer tape on it with the owners name? <chuckles>

<whispers> you realize its the same amount of cake in whichever pan you use.... besides, invite the neighbors over for a cup of coffee and a piece a cake and talk like we all used to do before electronics.

Great looking cake. Just needs a cold glass of milk to go with it.
Jim

Thank you
FYI that piece missing in the picture was accompanied by a tall glass of milk. For some reason milk does seem as cold as it used to so I added a couple of ice cubes. I know, but they were not there long enough to water down the milk and it was soooooo much better!!

Reactions: JLeonard
Holy cow that looks delicious. I love me some pineapple anything. Strong work!!!!

I have got to tell you this one brings back memories. Mom could do anything, but the chocolate cookie sheet cake was what the crowds always asked for, so of course it was the families least favorite due to the volumn of them made. At home though, it was this pineapple cake. Maybe because it was easy? Maybe because it was so damn moist? Could be because the pineapple flovor was so pronounced, or maybe because pineapple was Pop's favorite ever since he first had them at Pearl during WWII for the first time.

Its a pudding cake so its ever so moist, plus the topping adds to that also. It makes a standard 9x13 casserole cake, but also stacks up real nice as a three layer as you'll see.

My only deviation for the recipe, I add about 3 tbsp. of flour to the cake because they don't make 18 oz cake mixes anymore AND I like french vanilla pudding mix better than just plain vanilla.

So here is the cake, using 3 @ 8" cake pans.

View attachment 513109

View attachment 513110

Sorry about the pictures camera is old and my old eye get blury. LOL I don't know what I am going to do when I get old as Bear......

Incase you'd like to try it, (again its really easy peasy), Below is the recipe. The only way you'll understand how good it is, is to try try it for yourself. Oh you can trim it with marishino cherries but it only slows you down from getting to another bite! LOL

Hope you try it, hope you like it.

So moist, so much pineapple flavor

Ingredients:
1 (18-ounce) packagepineapple cake mix
1 packageJello instant vanilla pudding (or Pineapple)
3/4 cupcrisco oil
4eggs
2egg yolk
1 (10-ounce) bottleginger ale
1 1/2 cupsgranluated sugar
3 tablespoonscornstarch
1 stickbutter
1 (20-ounce) canundrained crushed pineapple
3 8 inchescake pans
Directions:

Add cakemix, pudding mix, oil, 4 whole eggs, and 7-Up, mix med. for 2 mins.
(Over)

Pour into floured cake pans, bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 mins.
Combine sugar, cornstarch, 2 yolks, butter, and pineapple in sauce pan.
Cook over med. until thick. Cool.
Spread between layers and on top and sides cake. I generally only add the topping between the layers on this cake. Its about good not trying to make Betty Crockers webpage.

The reason for the strange hole in the directions below "over", is my cookbook is printable to index cards also! You can only get so much on one side of a 3 x 5 card. You think that doesn't cause a lot of thought upon entry... LOL ! I don't worry about that anymore.
I can certainly understand why your eye was blurry ......I'm getting dizzy myself lol !
WOW that looks great and reminds me of my mother's baking!

I'll sure try this one, Kev. Might take some time to find a pineapple cake mix--I've never seen one--but I'll be looking, 'cause I really like pineapple anything.
Gary

Gary if no pineapple cake mix is available (bet there is though) use a yellow cake mix and just add a teaspoon of pineapple extract to the cake mix.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Kevin every thing looked great but , when you said the missing part was consumed with M**k it really needs a long neck
Richie

Reactions: foamheart
That cake looks great! Mom made a similar cake that had a Cream Cheese/Vanilla Pudding layer under the pineapple. Your's sounds easier. Our Walmart has the cake mix but the French Vanilla Pudding is 3.4oz, Reg Vanilla is 5.1oz. Any issue there?...JJ

I’m not a big fan of pinapple cake, but I have to say I would have to try a slice of yours!
It looks delicious!
Al

That cake looks great! Mom made a similar cake that had a Cream Cheese/Vanilla Pudding layer under the pineapple. Your's sounds easier. Our Walmart has the cake mix but the French Vanilla Pudding is 3.4oz, Reg Vanilla is 5.1oz. Any issue there?...JJ

Thank you sir, I use Jello French Vanilla , the cake is unbelieveably moist!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky