22 Layer Crepe Tiramasu Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I made some homemade Marscapone cheese recently. This is what I made it for...
IMG_20240201_204600.jpg

The fresh marscapone was outstanding in this cake! This cake is not difficult to make by any means, just takes a few days because of the need to rest in the fridge between the steps. I wanted to use my new french crepe pan that I got for my B-day,
IMG_20240131_124055.jpg

so decided to make this cake for a dinner Thursday night.
First make the crepe batter...
IMG_20240131_125727.jpg

Cook the crepes...
IMG_20240131_125723.jpg

Stacked on wax paper between each one...
IMG_20240131_131411.jpg

Make the filling with the Marscapone cheese...
IMG_20240131_183325.jpg

Both in the fridge until the next day for assembly...
8" spring form pan, lay a crepe on the bottom centered.
IMG_20240131_183318.jpg

Then spread 1/4c. of the filling over the crepe.
IMG_20240131_184106.jpg

IMG_20240131_184038.jpg

Repeat until all crepes are used up saving 1/4~1/3c. filling to ice the top of the cake.
IMG_20240131_192039.jpg

Then back in the fridge overnight to firm up. The next day (day I will serve the cake) dust top with 1/4c. cocoa powder...
IMG_20240201_204531.jpg

IMG_20240201_204600.jpg

the layers....
IMG_20240201_204749.jpg

the slice...
IMG_20240201_204759.jpg

Really good cake! Wow was that delicious with a cup of good stiff cajun coffee!!

That is and insane cake swamp!!! That is impressive layer work!!!!

That looks exceptional! Sort of reminds me of the Smith Island cakes up on the eastern shore.

Well, after this and the lasagna post I'm wondering how to get on the dinner party invite list!
Have mercy! I'm with John, a good cup of coffee and a slice of this after the lasagna I'd be totally worthless.

Jim

Well okeydokey, now that plated pic looks really good.
And gimme an espresso to go with it.
Thanks chile!

That is and insane cake swamp!!! That is impressive layer work!!!!
Thank you civil! This cake is not that difficult to make, just got to measure out the filling with a measuring cup to make sure you have enough for all the layers.

Just wow!!! I'd O.D. on that!
Thanks Steve!

That looks exceptional! Sort of reminds me of the Smith Island cakes up on the eastern shore.
Thanks mr_whipple. I'm not familiar with the Smith Island cake.

Wow !! That looks spectacular !!
Thanks jax!

Well, after this and the lasagna post I'm wondering how to get on the dinner party invite list!
Have mercy! I'm with John, a good cup of coffee and a slice of this after the lasagna I'd be totally worthless.

Jim
Thanks Jim! I slept like a baby....tossed and turned all night with a belly ache! LOL!

WOW!!! I think I gained a couple pounds just thinking how much of that I would eat.

Keith that looks totally awesome I'd have to rolled out after eating a bunch of that

Not sure I'd have any room left for coffee!
That sure looks great 😍

From one Keith to another 😂

C'est bon mon ami.

I ain't got a whole heck of a lot of a sweet tooth, but I could probably work my way through a slab of that. Maybe not a huge slab, maybe roughly a quarter of it. In one sitting.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky